the 100% directionless thread

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
I finished the race but I felt like I was going to die for the last 3 miles! I guess I looked as bad at the finish because every EMT or medic kept asking if I needed help or if I was going to be ok! I ended up finishing in 2:08.29.
Moab EMS did a great job at all of the aid stations and at the end of the race, if any of you guys are on here!

medic417

The Truth Provider

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Yes it is but it seems pages shorter now that somebody's posts magically disappeared.

Just a word of advice to all of you who log in from work/public computers....

LOG OFF when you leave the computer, as you will be held responsible for what your coworkers do under your account.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Well it's been nice knowing everyone. Apparently Fargo is going to be under water by the end of the week..:glare:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The new EMS Mascot!
funny-pictures-cat-says-your-diseas.jpg

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I want that cat as my pet...

I should go to bed.. I have my final practical test tomorrow before my state written test.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I want that cat as my pet...

I should go to bed.. I have my final practical test tomorrow before my state written test.

I know the feeling... I'm studying Neuro for my final tomorrow...

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I spent sat night running 8 calls in 7 hours, then taught/TAed/tested students out for 12 hours, then went out to dinner with a professor.
By the end of yesterday, I was exhausted, and slept last night for 14 hours. Wow.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
How high's the water mama? Five feet high and risin. How high's the water papa? Five feet high and risin. Well the rails are washed out north of town, we gotta head for higher ground, we can't come back till the water's down, five feet high and risin ^_^

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................I can't stand psycology!:glare:

Whoever sat around and figgered all that abstract stuff out needs to be buried up to their waist in sand, have their hands tied behind them, and have rotten tomatos thrown at them.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
fma08,
Keep your water up north I don't want to see anymore coming south from you I have enough.

Just hope you're not along the Red...

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................I can't stand psycology!:glare:

Whoever sat around and figgered all that abstract stuff out needs to be buried up to their waist in sand, have their hands tied behind them, and have rotten tomatos thrown at them.

Do you mean psychology? If so that's what I'm majoring in! If I wasn't going to be a doc I might one day be one of those people who figured out that abstract stuff!

MassEMT

Forum Ride Along
Juat had a BLS Unit calls for Medics for low o2 sat (79% on r/a) and respirations

They currently have her on 3 LPM on a cannula........

Sasha

Forum Chief
Juat had a BLS Unit calls for Medics for low o2 sat (79% on r/a) and respirations

They currently have her on 3 LPM on a cannula........

Perhaps that's all she would take? A lot of people who are having trouble breathing don't like the mask, they feel it too confining and suffocating even though it's there to help them. Maybe she wouldn't allow for anything more than 3. Have you had a NC on? It blows the HECK outta your nostrils, and since I've never heard of an ambulance having humidified O2, it'll dry the heck outta their noses too.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I've never heard of an ambulance having humidified O2, it'll dry the heck outta their noses too.

You mean your ambulances do not carry those? I actually thought it was the standard. Learn something new everyday.

Sasha

Forum Chief
You mean your ambulances do not carry those? I actually thought it was the standard. Learn something new everyday.

Nope! I was acutally visiting my grandmother in the hospital the first time I ever saw humidified O2, and I had already gotten my EMT-Cert!