the 100% directionless thread

dl1245

Forum Ride Along
Jerry Sandusky's autobiography is called 'touched', look it up on amazon.com

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just found out my good buddy in SF just got out of the hospital. 2 stab wounds to the chest over a stupid disagreement in a bar. 2 chest tubes and 2 hemopnuemos later he's up and moving, thank goodness. Makes me stop and think about how precious life. We deal with it every day but it always hits harder when it hits close to home.

To everyone here that ever goes out, please be careful. People in our world are idiots and take petty disagreements way too far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Sorry to hear about your friend, but glad to hear he's recovering nicely.

I'm emptying out piggy bank.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Just found out my good buddy in SF just got out of the hospital. 2 stab wounds to the chest over a stupid disagreement in a bar. 2 chest tubes and 2 hemopnuemos later he's up and moving, thank goodness. Makes me stop and think about how precious life. We deal with it every day but it always hits harder when it hits close to home.

To everyone here that ever goes out, please be careful. People in our world are idiots and take petty disagreements way too far.

So glad he is doing better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

I'm really glad that your friend is doing ok Robby :)

I love 4 am code 3 transfers to Emanuel...just in time to hit rush hour on the way back :/

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Came up on an auto vs bicycle today. When ALS showed up the medic said he would kill to have someone like me as a partner.

Then I got an email from my boss at my stand by job telling me that the field I worked the last three weeks at loves me and wants me back next season.

Is it self-esteem boost day or what?

Sasha

Forum Chief
I hate couponers

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Something has gone terribly wrong when LE is on scene for every single one of your calls during a BLS IFT shift in San Diego

Anjel

Forum Angel

Anjel

Forum Angel
I dont hold up the line and almost always go to u-scan.

You should say... "I hate inconsiderate couponers"

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Who might have scored a volly fire job? This guy! Only thing holding me back is no FF1. They don't have a training budget until January but the chief is hoping that he can get me on-board as medical only until then, just have to go through the proper channels.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Thanks man. Hopefully they will let me do medical only until they get their training budget sorted out. Nice part is the station is literally right down the street from my house.

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
nice. That always helps. Can you take it through your local college and have them pay ya back for it. Then it gives you credits, maybe have fasfa pay it and then have that money in your pocket?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Most epically stupid conversation ever.

Background: I noticed early in our shift we were out of large gloves, which my partner wears. This discussion happened at the very end of our shift.

Me: I don't know what it is you do at the beginning of the shift*, but making sure you have gloves should probably be part of it.
Partner: It doesn't matter that much, I can fit into mediums if I have to.
Me: That isn't the point, the point is you need to make sure things like that are taken care of.
Partner: Well I couldn't find any in the supply room.
Me: What about the 6 cases of them sitting outside the supply room door?**
Partner: I didn't notice them.
Me: Why not?
Partner: Why would I? I couldn't find any in the supply room so I figured we didn't have any.
Me: Just because you can't find them, doesn't mean they don't exist.
Partner: Well, maybe they don't exist until someone finds them.
Me:....It is part of your job to make sure you can find the things you need even if they aren't where you expect them to do.
Partner: Mumble mumble
Me: If you aren't going to put the effort in to find something, you at least need to tell me it is missing.

At that point I walked out. I don't know how I kept my temper after that philosophical BS.

*I always find him sitting in the amb, and it is never appears that he has actually done anything to the bus.

** You literally have to walk around them to open the door. It is were overflow supplies have sat for as long as I can remember.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Aidey: How does your partner still have a job?

nice. That always helps. Can you take it through your local college and have them pay ya back for it. Then it gives you credits, maybe have fasfa pay it and then have that money in your pocket?

Meh I'd have to do the full academy which I don't have the time to do.

Suppression isn't my main interest, although I'm not opposed to it if they are practicing good medicine. It would be a job with better pay and more opportunities for vertical movement and most FD's call volume are medical anyways. I love the medicine but if I can get my FF1 through a volly agency I might as well take it. Plus I bet if I were lucky enough to get an interview with a career dept and told them I preferred working on the box they would be more inclined to hire me and send me through their own academy, since most if not all do anyways.

I'm gonna get ripped for this from my post about FD based EMS in that other thread.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
For the first time today I transported someone on propofol that didn't wake up and come unglued halfway through the trip.