the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Well, today is a great day. I'm an employed EMT in the saturated and high unemployment state of Massachusetts and they matched my pay rate of my last career. Woot!

Nice congrats

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Hickory smoked ribeye with a twice baked potato and Pyramid Brewing Apricot Ale tonight...mmmmmmm

Sasha

Forum Chief
I want a pickle.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
REALLY getting burned out on people wearing their insistence on making things difficult as a badge of honor. I don't care if it's "the idiot vein" or a "a bougie is cheating". If it works, it's not stupid....

JPINFV

Gadfly
REALLY getting burned out on people wearing their insistence on making things difficult as a badge of honor. I don't care if it's "the idiot vein" or a "a bougie is cheating". If it works, it's not stupid....

On the topic of EMS intubating...

yourenothelping.jpg

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
gee, you must be really short. I Am always smacking my head on the ceiling grip bar, doorways and such in the squad.

I'm 6' and I can stand up straight in our boxes. We have a couple old, smaller boxes that I can't, but the majority of them I have no problems with.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
My new agency doesn't intubate cardiac arrests, even post ROC, unless the King doesn't work.

So much for getting a tube+ a week. :rolleyes:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yeah but there's probably an RSI a day...

In the system maybe, but apparently a few of the L5/6s only have a couple of RSIs in years. They definitely aren't as aggressive with airway control as our last agency. Granted, 5 minute transport vs 45 minute, but still.

Downside of urban system with short transports and CPAP.... losing some advanced airway stuff. And you know how I feel about not having RSI available when warranted...

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
When I get to be old and wealthy, I'm going to name my boat "Against Medical Advice."

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My new agency doesn't intubate cardiac arrests, even post ROC, unless the King doesn't work.

Thats how we are. King is the first line. We do intubate pedi arrests though.

Do you do surgical crics? It's not a replacement for RSI by any means but if you need an airway, you need an airway. Never seen it done on an awake person, only the theory.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Thats how we are. King is the first line. We do intubate pedi arrests though.

Do you do surgical crics? It's not a replacement for RSI by any means but if you need an airway, you need an airway. Never seen it done on an awake person, only the theory.

My level only has TTO with a 14g. The 2 higher levels have a Melker device.

I used to have needle and surgical crics at my last agency... so lost that too.