the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief
Bobert.

JPINFV

Gadfly
never.jpg

There's just something sadly honest about this picture.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow... all the posts in this thread and Godwin's Law finally makes an appearance.

Mentioning Nazis or Hitler doesn't activate Godwin's Law, which is, in my opinion, somewhat misunderstood.

The "law" states that the longer a particular online discussion goes on, the possibility that a comparison or analogy to Hitler or Nazis approaches 100%.

As far as I can tell, Nazis were only mentioned within the last few pages prior to the quote above. I didn't notice any comparisons to or with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Trying to decide if I want 'Rob' or 'Robby' on my uniform and my badge. Any thoughts? Always gone by Robby....

Rob. I'd trust a Rob more than a Robby.

Mostly because one of the 6 year olds living next to me goes by Robby. :rofl:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
My great grandmother was a stripper who made bath tub gin.

But that's all I know about my ancestory.

So called that :)

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
never.jpg

There's just something sadly honest about this picture.

TSA! BAHAHAHA :rofl: That's the hardest I've laughed in a week.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
What time of the day are y'all working out, and does it really matter?

Sasha

Forum Chief
Work out? That sounds like too much work.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Sasha

Forum Chief
sore throat, upset stomach, stuffy nose.

I'm sick.

and my back still hurts.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
It's going to be a long, strange day today.

Sent using the Tapatalk app!

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Mentioning Nazis or Hitler doesn't activate Godwin's Law, which is, in my opinion, somewhat misunderstood.

The "law" states that the longer a particular online discussion goes on, the possibility that a comparison or analogy to Hitler or Nazis approaches 100%.

As far as I can tell, Nazis were only mentioned within the last few pages prior to the quote above. I didn't notice any comparisons to or with them.

Ohh yeah? Well only a Nazi would use such a strict interpretation of Goodwin's Law!!!

(Your welcome :D)

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ohh yeah? Well only a Nazi would use such a strict interpretation of Goodwin's Law!!!

(Your welcome :D)

*golf clap*

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
(gently noticing correlation?)

I work out first thing in the morning or at dusk while it's still hot. When it's cold out, I work out in the midafternoon.

Thats pretty much the same approach I take to drinking beer....weird.

Sasha

Forum Chief
(gently noticing correlation?)

I work out first thing in the morning or at dusk while it's still hot. When it's cold out, I work out in the midafternoon.

What correlation? Cause I dont work out?

I cant possibly be getting sick cause i spend 36-48 hours with sick people every week.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Had a call for a diabetic yesterday. Did the whole glucagon / D50 / real food thing, spent an hour with the family until I was comfortable with the patient refusing. Discussed the end of life stuff that the family had set for the patient as they had questions how we handled it.

Woke up this morning to the 911 phone ringing. The other truck at our station got sent to a cardiac arrest at the same address...

Hmph.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Had a call for a diabetic yesterday. Did the whole glucagon / D50 / real food thing, spent an hour with the family until I was comfortable with the patient refusing. Discussed the end of life stuff that the family had set for the patient as they had questions how we handled it.

Woke up this morning to the 911 phone ringing. The other truck at our station got sent to a cardiac arrest at the same address...

Hmph.

I guess the hypoglycemia was more profound this time, huh?

Sasha

Forum Chief
That was awkward.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Anyone know the current going price for goats?