usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
My girlfriend is now licensed as a clinical psychologist. :D

medic417

The Truth Provider

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
So she can legally now tell you how worthless you are. :rofl:
Hahahahaha. True, but at least she doesn't mind when pillow talk involves sociopaths, war criminals, etc (her specialty is forensic psych). ;)

medic417

The Truth Provider
Hahahahaha. True, but at least she doesn't mind when pillow talk involves sociopaths, war criminals, etc (her specialty is forensic psych). ;)

So in reality she can kill you them convince the jury it was justified.:unsure:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Maybe...I dunno.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
According to everyone in my house, I currently look like a lawyer... 30 mins before I leave.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients

Good for you! I hear all the time how thankful my husband is that we can really talk about anything under the sun.

Good for her!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Good for you! I hear all the time how thankful my husband is that we can really talk about anything under the sun.

Good for her!

Thanks. I think we're a good match for each other. :)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Wow, talk about a neat field of study :cool:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
According to everyone in my house, I currently look like a lawyer... 30 mins before I leave.
Good luck even though you don't need it. :]

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
We are an odd couple: I'm a researcher on the biomechanics and prevention of traumatic injury and she's an expert on the "criminally insane". Talk about a recipe for some rockin' cocktail party conversation. LOL

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ouch $750 to get a brake job for my truck. :sad:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Today must be the day for &$@#&& up calls.

I will vent more later.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
that could be good or bad. Let us know how it goes.

Good luck even though you don't need it. :]
Thanks, the interview went awesome and I'm pretty sure I got one of the positions!

Ouch $750 to get a brake job for my truck. :sad:

What needs to be done? Replacing brakes are really easy all you need is the right tool, which you can 'rent' from Autozone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emni0JQrn8U

Check it out. May be worth it! If I knew totally what i was doing I'd come up and help you out.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What needs to be done? Replacing brakes are really easy all you need is the right tool, which you can 'rent' from Autozone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emni0JQrn8U

Check it out. May be worth it! If I knew totally what i was doing I'd come up and help you out.

Pretty much the whole braking system needs to be replaced. New rotors, pads, shoes, etc.

And you should get a phone call in a couple of days from Jessica about the job. Then it's off for physical testing and medical and then orientation.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
At the risk of going on topic, what was the physical?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
At the risk of going on topic, what was the physical?

Walk up 3 stairs and then back down 3 stairs 5 times with increasing weight. You have to do 150lbs. The weight holder is a "simulated" gurney. And then some more tests with weights that increase weight. You have to pick up weights on the "gurney" and place them on different boxes (3 different heights).

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Kinda bizarre!

I just sent out my second piece of literature to my Publisher. In this I have a "written with" credit. The Author is a paramedic. I met him when he was 15 yo and me 45. He was basically an Italian kid from Massachusetts who was"adopted" by the last traditionally trained Lakota (Sioux) medicine family and "set altar" for sacred healing ceremonies for 20 years. (I tended fire for them on and off in the 1990's -- now you see?) He married into the family and sired 3 kids. (Then he became one of the first paramedics on the Rez!)I've spent the last 1 1/2 years of my life helping him get his story out, and DAMN I AM PROUD OF THE WORK!

The bizarre part was the experience of writing with him was so much different writing my own work that the day came (Today!) when it finally became real and I almost forgot to tell anybody.

Thanks for being nearby!