the 100% directionless thread

Icenine

Forum Crew Member
I use GPS all the time.

I push the search by voice button on my Droid. And say "Navigate to <address>"

2 seconds later it's there and we don't have to confuse Oak St and Red Oak Ct.

Sasha

Forum Chief

Sasha

Forum Chief
I use GPS all the time.

I push the search by voice button on my Droid. And say "Navigate to <address>"

2 seconds later it's there and we don't have to confuse Oak St and Red Oak Ct.

Exactly. I don't even have to say the address, just the name of the facility =) Plus using the google navigation it gives you a picture of where you're supposed to be at the end. It's awesome.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Local knowledge is good too; that and GPS gets Brown to where Brown needs to go ... now if only Brown could read those house numbers

This is what happens when Brown is blind :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'm a job :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Been looking at dispatch jobs nearby me to get better hours (and not have to do a 2 hour commute) so that I can go back to school.

Drop in pay, and not in the field, but we'll see...

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm a job :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Been looking at dispatch jobs nearby me to get better hours (and not have to do a 2 hour commute) so that I can go back to school.

Drop in pay, and not in the field, but we'll see...

Nursing?

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know how?

File for reciprocity in the state of TN, then shoot an email with the subject line "BONNAROO" to the email address I just PMd you.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Then they'd actually have to provide us with up to date mapbooks that weren't missing random pages and teach employees how to read a map.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do not know how to read a map and have not seen the need to. I have GPS. GPS works.

A couple places in my area have you take a class on how to read and use the map book followed by a test that you have to pass. It's a 6 hour class.

But for my specific location I don't have to take that class. I would love to be able to use GPS but I do believe that everyone should know how to use the map. If your GPS breaks and you don't have cell service then you are in for a wonderful time lol

Sasha

Forum Chief
A couple places in my area have you take a class on how to read and use the map book followed by a test that you have to pass. It's a 6 hour class.

But for my specific location I don't have to take that class. I would love to be able to use GPS but I do believe that everyone should know how to use the map. If your GPS breaks and you don't have cell service then you are in for a wonderful time lol

I live in a large metropolitan area. I always have cell service.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hmmm. My old EMT teacher nominated me for some kind of award. :huh:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston