the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
A rusky helicopter eh?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
View attachment 3894
It has dual stacked rotor blades. They're Russian military helicopters. I just think it looks like Jules' wallet*.

*My Pulp Fiction reference for today.
apache-laser.jpg.png
psst, Ruskie bird has got nothing on an Apache with a freaking laser beam!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
apache-laser.jpg.png
freaking laser beam!
IMG_0419.JPG

I'll ask our military pilot if he's ever flown those in Afghani. I know the other military pilot who recently left for an airline gig flew apaches overseas as well.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Some guy brought his $3,000 "custom precision rifle" to the range today and barely held 1.5 MOA off a lead sled at 100.

Meanwhile my sub $900 entry level Remington 700 shot 0.4 MOA at 200 off a bipod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Some guy brought his $3,000 "custom precision rifle" to the range today and barely held 1.5 MOA off a lead sled at 100.

Meanwhile my sub $900 entry level Remington 700 shot 0.4 MOA at 200 off a bipod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Dang....I've shot sub MOA with a rimfire....

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
After still not finding much used vehicles that isn't some dude's add on Craigslist or eBay for less than $6-7,000, and deciding that applying for a loan to help cover moving costs would not be a terrible idea, and seeing new/refurbished engines online for $2-3,000.....I'm almost thinking of buying one of those to drop in my stricken pickup and shipping and still seems like I'd spend about the same as buying something used on the island....

Though I can't quite shake the feeling I'm beeing needlessly stubborn lol (and yet part of me is wondering "so what?" lol)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I'm almost thinking of buying one of those to drop in my stricken pickup and shipping and still seems like I'd spend about the same as buying something used on the island....

Go all out and put a diesel in that bad boy.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
After still not finding much used vehicles that isn't some dude's add on Craigslist or eBay for less than $6-7,000, and deciding that applying for a loan to help cover moving costs would not be a terrible idea, and seeing new/refurbished engines online for $2-3,000.....I'm almost thinking of buying one of those to drop in my stricken pickup and shipping and still seems like I'd spend about the same as buying something used on the island....

Though I can't quite shake the feeling I'm beeing needlessly stubborn lol (and yet part of me is wondering "so what?" lol)
i've bought cars on craigslist before. Most people that aren't hiding something and are true genuine folks will let you take it to a local mechanic to have it run on a machine to test all the codes. that + a carfax= a smart investment(provided everything comes out clean). Or what my dad does is goes to all of the car rental places and buys their cars from them. (enterprise ect, Idk what you folks on the west cost have)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader

Skip the car and golf cart and go with a Segway.

6wNjB2.jpg

Hit up Enterprise Rent A Car, they usually sell off their fleet once a vehicle reaches a certain pre set low mileage. Often times for 8k and up depending on make, model, and year.

https://www.enterprisecarsales.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've bought cars on craigslist before. Most people that aren't hiding something and are true genuine folks will let you take it to a local mechanic to have it run on a machine to test all the codes. that + a carfax= a smart investment(provided everything comes out clean). Or what my dad does is goes to all of the car rental places and buys their cars from them. (enterprise ect, Idk what you folks on the west cost have)

We have Enterprise, much like the east coast... [emoji23]

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Except apparently, they don't have used cars for sale in Hawaii (I typed in location, nearest one popped up Redwood City CA) and the cheapest here in Covina is still 7 grand....the second cheapest is 9 grand....

Except apparently, they don't have used cars for sale in Hawaii (I typed in location, nearest one popped up Redwood City CA) and the cheapest here in Covina is still 7 grand....the second cheapest is 9 grand....

There's an Enterprise car sales location in Reseda. I looked through their online selection prior to looking at a local dealer's inventory.