the 100% directionless thread

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Based purely on what I've been able to find online, we only have 20 of the things (well I guess 19 now...) considering it took almost 15 years to finally drop one, I cant imagine they've kept ordering more.....but considering some of the stupid stuff the military spends money on I wouldn't be half surprised if we did lol
Well, the MOAB is a purely military-built weapon. So, we don't exactly know the cost per drop. I've heard it's about $170k though. If the MOAB were commercially sourced, then we'd be able to see the costs of said weapon. It's certainly a LOT cheaper than the development of the MOP. MOAB likely uses already available parts so... assembly of new weapons should be relatively easy.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Remember when the Bush administration was pushing nuclear bunker busters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well the MOP was developed during the Bush administration to bust nuclear bunkers....I'd bet they could fit a nuke warhead on it if they were that crazy lol

Fun fact, the smallest nuclear weapon we ever fielded, the Davy Crocket (recoiless rifle, 3 man team on a jeep), the smallest warhead fitted on the thing had a yield of about 10 tons (most other nukes are measured in kilotons lol)....which is also how much explosives the MOAB carries.
In other words this:
DavyCrockettBomb.jpg

has the same amount of "boom" as this:
236-610x360.jpg

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
i want mac n cheese :(. feed my 8 year old self!
Dude it was awesome lol. I am so full it's ridiculous

I'm actually not a sweet tea fan. It's tooooooo sweet. I'm an unsweet with lemon guy. Also known as a Damn Yankee.

Try not liking iced tea at all and living in se Texas lol

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Dude it was awesome lol. I am so full it's ridiculous
was it all straight mac-n-cheese, or was it flavored with other stuff(bacon/other crap). I went to one when i was on vacation in SC, I was like a kid in a candy store, dumped a bit of cash, but ate soooooo much :D

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
was it all straight mac-n-cheese, or was it flavored with other stuff(bacon/other crap). I went to one when i was on vacation in SC, I was like a kid in a candy store, dumped a bit of cash, but ate soooooo much :D
All kinds. It was amazing. There were a few BBQ brisket Mac and cheese too.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Mmm barbacoa

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Oh God, even worse....you put fruit in it.......
I'm a lemon/raspberry guy myself. Brew gallon batches with real raspberries at home :D. You should take some notes my dude. @NomadicMedic and I drink Iced tea the right way :rolleyes::cool:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I love the peak truck. 12 hour shifts ftw

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
@Jim37F, I loooove the history of tactical nukes...fascinating stuff! Such little forethought but so much firepower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
...all day, urrry day in my house. Not a huge menudo guy myself though.

Menudo, I can't really deal with, my wife makes awesome enchiladas, but she doesn't like to eat them, so they're rare here. Eating enchiladas in a strange town is kinda like ordering a basic breakfast, people don't usually screw it up.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I don't really like anything very sweet (don't generally like cake or donuts or soda, etc) but I do love good sweet tea. Rarely drink it, because I try to keep my sugar intake low, but I enjoy it every now and then. Usually with barbecue.