the 100% directionless thread

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

MMohler

Forum Crew Member
May be late to the party but had to hand in my man card when I turned my truck in for a hatchback. Had to get something that did better than 10-12 mpg:(. office moved and was spending about $200 in gas on every paycheck.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If we have another 30 call set I am going to snap. Sure seven or eight calls a shift doesn't sound busy, but the calls have been averaging two plus hours and I don't get paid enough to spend every day off recovering.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
my fiance is getting me into this country/rock/pop mixture thingy, not sure how i feel about it... Example of this: sam hunt: house party.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Got our new staffing assignments. Kinda bummed because I didn't get the region or partner I wanted :-/

Upside is it's 10 minutes from my apartment and it's the only ambulance in the county with the Stryker PowerLoad system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Got our new staffing assignments. Kinda bummed because I didn't get the region or partner I wanted :-/

Upside is it's 10 minutes from my apartment and it's the only ambulance in the county with the Stryker PowerLoad system.

My rural company is getting the power load system. Makes it well worth the commute.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
As of today, I'm (temporarily) not an ED RN. I spent 2 good years commuting 2 hours each way and doing 12 hour shifts. While on paper it looks like just 36 hours/week, it was divided into 2 bouts of work: 4 days TH/FR/SA/SU and 2 days TH/FR... since the work week starts on Sunday, I did all my 3 days at once on one work week and split the work week the next week. Having 3-5 days off in a row was awesome but I was getting progressively more and more tired, especially toward the end of a 4 day stretch there.

After 2 years, it was finally time to move on. I've got some decent irons in the fire that are glowing pretty well right now but nothing solid. I suspect that I should have a a work offer sometime next week and perhaps one or two more by the end of the month. The local ED is really interested in me and I'm only 10 minutes away...

For now though, I'm on vacation!

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Amazing how talking to someone and watching/listening to them talk can tell you a lot...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually got a Pulse Point CPR needed notification yesterday.....sure enough came in right at the same time we were getting dispatched to a full arrest (excuse me, cardiac arrest)... didn't even realize what it was (didn't recognize the icon) till after the call, sure enough, came in same time we were dospatched, same address, sure enough there was a pulse less and apneic patient....who had been down long enough for rigor and lividity to set in and medics called it without working him up...but good on Pulse Point for timeliness and accuracy?

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
my fiance is getting me into this country/rock/pop mixture thingy

Y'all need some...uh...Bach?
giphy.gif

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Y'all need some...uh...Bach?
giphy.gif

I need to go back to my roots when my mom forced me to listen to THE BOSS. Bruce Springsteen. The best imo

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I need to go back to my roots when my mom forced me to listen to THE BOSS. Bruce Springsteen. The best imo

That'll work - anything is better than faux-country, I say.

Unrelated, just watched the three* Indiana Jones movies for the first time in 15 years.
tumblr_o18rkrn3XO1rp84c6o1_400.gif

Best scene ever - apparently Harrison Ford had dysentery so he couldn't do a "real" fight scene, so they came up with this.
*Yes, three - the fourth is an abomination

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
All of those movies are atrocious imo. Not a big fan

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
All of those movies are atrocious imo. Not a big fan

Yea...you're also a cop, soooooo...........
[emoji16]