the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Only 2 stations here. Our Station One runs three crews, 2 are 24 hours. Station two has 2 crews, one is 24 hours.

Station 2 is a bit of a pit, but all the stations have new recliners, new TVs and new mattresses on all the beds.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Our "oldest" stations make the ones at any, and all of my old AMR ops (all of them) look like a joke.

I balked when some of my co-workers complained about the one we had that was "sooo beat up" that finally got replaced. Granted, it was an old house, it was still well maintained; they all are.

Our base (station) is well kept and I can't complain. Nothing special, but again, any and all of them beat those AMR ones I had. Then again not hard to beat spending 24 hours in a second story unit of a strip mall.

The company's that took over the old LA County AMR ops sucked their stations up as well. With the exception of the cottage directly on PCH in Malibu, I miss none of them.

One was a storage locker-type facility turned station across from the Hollywood Park racetrack in Inglewood.

@Jim37F are you guys still running out of that shack behind the Circle K around the corner from Franny in Lynwood?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
ROFL!! Why yes, Station 8 is alive and well @VentMonkey in fact they're the first station that got the all new red ambulances haha. We do have a "new" Lynwood Station (14) to add 2 more units to the area....but "new" is relative as the rumor has it that building is an old crack house (then again that's the same rumor about my current station down in Willowbrook lol)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
It's actually kinda nice being able to just walk down the parking lot to the Circle K to grab some snacks, or hop across the little street to Bobo's Burgers for some diner action, and still technically remain Available in Quarters (or at least on Nextel in district haha)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
No station in Compton proper, though that's pretty close to the street corner post they've assigned for the Compton until we do get a station up and running there. We did take over the old AmeriCare station in Paramount (our new Station 11) that's directly across the street from County Fire Station 31 (like literally they face each other), still AC blue, last I saw, still had their logo on the front lol, we put 4 24's in there, they cover Paramount and east end of Compton (we got the west end from Willowbrook)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
It's actually kinda nice being able to just walk down the parking lot to the Circle K to grab some snacks, or hop across the little street to Bobo's Burgers for some diner action, and still technically remain Available in Quarters (or at least on Nextel in district haha)
Now you're speaking my language! The original Bobo's is still the best. It's around the corner from my in-laws house. They're in the Long Beach Blvd/ Firestone area.

That one is on Santa Fe. These would be my childhood stomping grounds. Coincidentally LACoFD 16's stomping grounds as well. The grodiest dudes to work with typically.

Side note: If it's still there in the same plaza as the Bobo's on Santa Fe, LAX tortas, the best tortas in South (sowf) Gate, brother.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
We did take over the old AmeriCare station in Paramount (our new Station 11) that's directly across the street from County Fire Station 31 (like literally they face each other)
Lol, no kidding? I know this station as well. I did a brief, albeit regrettable, stint there as an LA County transfer paramedic before moving up here.

In the AMR Cerritos days 31's was fun to run with typically; a good mix of decent medicals and trauma-rama. They were the right amount of salty, unless they kept getting dragged in to Willowbrook to backfill engine 41 (now a squad, haha). Then they were grumpy gills. Plus, I liked going to Charter Suburban's ED.

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Our "oldest" stations make the ones at any, and all of my old AMR ops (all of them) look like a joke.

I balked when some of my co-workers complained about the one we had that was "sooo beat up" that finally got replaced. Granted, it was an old house, it was still well maintained; they all are.

Our base (station) is well kept and I can't complain. Nothing special, but again, any and all of them beat those AMR ones I had. Then again not hard to beat spending 24 hours in a second story unit of a strip mall.

The company's that took over the old LA County AMR ops sucked their stations up as well. With the exception of the cottage directly on PCH in Malibu, I miss none of them.

One was a storage locker-type facility turned station across from the Hollywood Park racetrack in Inglewood.

@Jim37F are you guys still running out of that shack behind the Circle K around the corner from Franny in Lynwood?

I'm curious to know if you worked at any of the AMR stations in San Gabe during your la time. Then it would mean that a lot of our stations for the 24 crews are super old and outdated haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'm curious to know if you worked at any of the AMR stations in San Gabe during your la time. Then it would mean that a lot of our stations for the 24 crews are super old and outdated haha.
Irwindale? Off of Arrow Hwy? Nah, never;).

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
I live like literally 5-10min down Arrow Hwy from the big AMR station....wonder whats gonna happen to it now that Care cleaned house in this part of town....

We currently share it with a cement company I think and for the last six months we have I think too...So we have half of the parking spots in the back to us and the rest of the parking spaces are taken up by their trucks. When I come into work during the week at peak times I have to make sure I get there early to get a parking spot since we're so limited now. Any free spaces are taken by units ready to deploy or are being worked on or by someone's personal vehicle.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
When they (AMR) had the LACoFD monopoly we were allowed to pick up overtime at any division from Glendale to Irwindale, the South Bay to Cerritos. It was a ton of fun; endless overtime.

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
When they (AMR) had the LACoFD monopoly we were allowed to pick up overtime at any division from Glendale to Irwindale, the South Bay to Cerritos. It was a ton of fun; endless overtime.

I wish it was that easy to pick up OT at the other two divisions in la. At least now it seems that the people who work at care have it made..lots of overtime in a big portion of la county and a chance to work in OC.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I wish it was that easy to pick up OT at the other two divisions in la. At least now it seems that the people who work at care have it made..lots of overtime in a big portion of la county and a chance to work in OC.
Yes, they're the AMR of this decade essentially. My old partner at the time lived in Azusa, so he would try and get me to work Irwindale OT as much as possible to his convenience, lol. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

The LA County AMR "hey day" was a blast. I liked that they didn't exactly bend over for the fire departments.

#KeepItDirectionless

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Yes, they're the AMR of this decade essentially. My old partner at the time lived in Azusa, so he would try and get me to work Irwindale OT as much as possible to his convenience, lol. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

The LA County AMR "hey day" was a blast. I liked that they didn't exactly bend over for the fire departments.

#KeepItDirectionless

No worries. I've been bored all day today so I've actually spent a majority of my time today on here looking through everything.
Sometimes I just don't know what to do with myself on a day off haha.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So we're thinking of giving up apartment life and living in an RV....

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Cypress Creek generally has decent stations. The older ones are OK, 51 is a family, the new ones are great, and 57 is so busy that you don't have to worry about seeing it much.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So we're thinking of giving up apartment life and living in an RV....
Something along these lines? Hope you studied up in chemistry.

IMG_3363.JPG