The New Beach Medic
Gurby looks so young.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
So I just woke up to a phone call from my ex-GF this mañana o_O
BC322qXPhz-4.png

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Their new process is a year from the first day of your academy to promoting so you'd work as a basic for 7 or 8 months, most of which would be credentialing (their process with your FTO is very long).

WilCo is literally right next to Austin. There's parts of Austin that are in Williamson County but ACTEMS covers those areas.

From Georgetown, which is basically the center of WilCo, to downtown Austin is ~25-30 minutes traffic dependent. If your in Round Rock, which is south WilCo you can be ins downtown in 15-20 minutes. Basically anywhere in the county is going to be 30 minutes or less to downtown if you're not opposed to using the toll roads, which really aren't very expensive, unless you're way up north then you're looking at 45 minutes to an hour max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That seems moderately more reasonable. Not perfect, but better. Slightly. The biggest obstacle then becomes the EMT pay vs COL for that first year.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Would you like to share the story?
The super exciting, drama filled story is basically I was being my normal, lazy, morning hating self still sleeping in at like 10 this morning when I woke up to my phone ringing, didn't recognize the number (but hey I am in backgrounds so I actually answer unknown numbers lest I send a BI to my voicemail lol) and it turned out to be her.....the one who basically "ghosted" me some 5-6 months back, literally we were making plans to meet up the next day when poof she just stopped replying...until now.
Honestly as much as I had thought about asking her exactly about that in the past I was just taken aback by the fact that she was actually on the phone and with me being still half asleep ended up just....talking. Didn't make any plans or anything, just talked like a couple of friends who hadn't chatted in a while I guess, like a bit surreal lol
"I have some good news. In 8 months guess who is going to be a new daddy??!"
I didn't even think to ask her about that lol (fortunately it's been a bit longer than that since we've done anything to have that particular convo)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Then Dr. Phil to deal with the fallout.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The super exciting, drama filled story is basically I was being my normal, lazy, morning hating self still sleeping in at like 10 this morning when I woke up to my phone ringing, didn't recognize the number (but hey I am in backgrounds so I actually answer unknown numbers lest I send a BI to my voicemail lol) and it turned out to be her.....the one who basically "ghosted" me some 5-6 months back, literally we were making plans to meet up the next day when poof she just stopped replying...until now.
Honestly as much as I had thought about asking her exactly about that in the past I was just taken aback by the fact that she was actually on the phone and with me being still half asleep ended up just....talking. Didn't make any plans or anything, just talked like a couple of friends who hadn't chatted in a while I guess, like a bit surreal lol
I didn't even think to ask her about that lol (fortunately it's been a bit longer than that since we've done anything to have that particular convo)
Well, "ain't nobody got time for no baby noway" while backgrounds anyhow, so cool.

Though I did enjoy the Morton Downey Jr-->Jerry Springer--->Maury Povich angle we all pitched:(.

You even got Dr. Phil to console you!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well, "ain't nobody got time for no baby noway" while backgrounds anyhow, so cool.

Jim in about 11 months...