the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I haven't been on this website for almost a year. I have been focusing on my nursing career however I have started to get back involved with EMS. I have my first Flight Nurse interview this week! Crazy how time flies, 3 years of experience seems like forever when you first start out. I also just agreed to teach IABP and Hemodynamics for a local CCEMTP course. Should be fun.
Oh dear... Just when I figured your sanity would return to you... Oh well. Mine's still on vacation in Maui while the rest of me toils in the mine of the ED.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Had our last lecture today. Final exam next week, then just field hours from there. A few more weeks and it will be smooth sailing into an easy 3 day a week class schedule. Light at the end of the tunnel is finally more than just a blip.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I know that I've officially moved to Texas because we've spent the last two hours in the station talking about diesel trucks, chickens and hay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mct601

RN/NRP
sooo, I have acquired a job for Air Methods. I have to fly to Denver for orientation.

I have never flown. Tips or suggestions? I figured someone here may have made this trip before

res1551cue

Forum Crew Member
sooo, I have acquired a job for Air Methods. I have to fly to Denver for orientation.

I have never flown. Tips or suggestions? I figured someone here may have made this trip before

Most flights states side are not that bad. Depending on where you are coming from the trip can be over just as soon as you take off. The hardest part is the landing. lol

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

When is your class?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I have acquired a job for Air Methods.
I have never flown.

Thats kinda like joining the Navy and having a fear of boats.

DIA (Denver International Airport) is super easy to navigate, just know ahead of time where you need to go (car rental etc). As for the flight, if you get motion sickness dramamine works good. Having something to occupy the time also helps.