the 100% directionless thread

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
Had what I thought would be a typical call, 40 y/o male altered mental status at 0300 on a dead end street in a middle class part of town. As we're pulling up, guy in boxers and a sleeveless tshirt kicks, and I mean a full force kick, like the top hinge broke off, his screen door open and screams "HI". Did the worlds fastest k turn (looking back, it was pretty impressive for an f450 chassis) and haul out of there. LE responds, turns out the guy decided to combine oxycontin and booze, kept passing out/ acting funny and his daughter called us.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
As we're pulling up, guy in boxers and a sleeveless tshirt kicks, and I mean a full force kick, like the top hinge broke off, his screen door open and screams "HI".

At least he was polite. A tad overenthusiastic maybe, but polite.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Sup seemed to take my email well initially. That is, until she ripped into me later that evening for two small unrelated things. Figured out that that conversation wasn't going well when her third sentence in was, "Don't smart off to me!"

Holy cow.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Sup seemed to take my email well initially. That is, until she ripped into me later that evening for two small unrelated things. Figured out that that conversation wasn't going well when her third sentence in was, "Don't smart off to me!"

Holy cow.

This would be my face:

151216201256-faces-of-donald-trump-sequel-moos-dnt-erin-00013313-large-169.jpg

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
And that is when I would change back into my normal clothes and say "I'm done." And walk away never to return.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
The concert was pretty epic. The Greek Theater in Berkeley is a pretty nice venue, but not enough shade. I am so glad I brought sunscreen, but I wish I brought an umbrella or something. I consider sunscreen to be a last resort protection from the sun so I was no amused sitting in the sun and trying to cover up with a hat and jacket (even though it was super hot).

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I found out I don't like working wildland fires anymore lol
#sandfire

After taking a 2 year hiatus from schedule B to try to get my p card. I must admit I'd kill for a out of county right about now lol.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I visited a small rural town the other day with one fire/ambulance station. Fire is volly, but ambulance is paid. EMTs are able to start IVs. There are, of course, a fair amount of transfers because the "hospital" (term used very loosely) is tiny. They do have a life flight station there and three others nor too far away. I'm so tempted to apply. They have two rigs-one has full extrication capabilities.

20160722_160232.jpg

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
I visited a small rural town the other day with one fire/ambulance station. Fire is volly, but ambulance is paid. EMTs are able to start IVs. There are, of course, a fair amount of transfers because the "hospital" (term used very loosely) is tiny. They do have a life flight station there and three others nor too far away. I'm so tempted to apply. They have two rigs-one has full extrication capabilities.

View attachment 2919
Rig with extrication gear? Cool!! I would totally go for it.

View attachment 2919

I'd say apply! [emoji599][emoji603][emoji602]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

View attachment 2919
Just remember that doing extrication (actually using the cutters, spreaders, rams, etc) is a lot more labor intensive and requires a lot more strength.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
A service I used to work at had extrication equipment on the unit. It was used one time ever (still to this day I think, seven years later). It was used on a go-cart for a quick door pop. Like desert said, it's labor intensive, and there's usually other stuff a medic needs to be doing anyway.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Just remember that doing extrication (actually using the cutters, spreaders, rams, etc) is a lot more labor intensive and requires a lot more strength.

Plus some awkward movements with the cutters and spreaders.