the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ooh that ~5 second period after you give Adenosine is a wonderful time.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Woohoo!!! Bring on the 16.5 hour day tomorrow!!! Will be making that coffee in the morning and then off to T Sweezy in the afternoon! #baristalife #emtlife #concert

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
So while driving through Las Vegas today, it was raining so damn hard water was sloshing around on my windshield.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Oh, how I miss the Vegas monsoon!!!

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Just wanted to say to everyone, have a good and safe weekend.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Woohoo!!! Bring on the 16.5 hour day tomorrow!!! Will be making that coffee in the morning and then off to T Sweezy in the afternoon! #baristalife #emtlife #concert
I used to work 3 16s a week. Tuesday-Thursday with a staggered start time 0600, 0800 and 1000 so you get 10 hours off between shifts since it allows for wiggle room if we get a late call as company policy and by law we have to have 8 hours off between shifts. It wasn't unusual to get a late call or be backed up on paperwork and end up working 3 18s in a row with only 8 hours off between shifts. I loved the 4 days off each week but by the middle of the third work day I would usually begin to become homicidal towards dumb people.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
I used to work 3 16s a week. Tuesday-Thursday with a staggered start time 0600, 0800 and 1000 so you get 10 hours off between shifts since it allows for wiggle room if we get a late call as company policy and by law we have to have 8 hours off between shifts. It wasn't unusual to get a late call or be backed up on paperwork and end up working 3 18s in a row with only 8 hours off between shifts. I loved the 4 days off each week but by the middle of the third work day I would usually begin to become homicidal towards dumb people.

I'll stick to my one 16.5 hour day thank you very much!!! ;)

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Is anyone in Idaho? Boise area? I'm headed up there tomorrow and will be there for a few days. I would love to do a meet up. PM me.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Fell off my motorcycle today on the way to work. I was probably like half a mile away from work. It felt like it slipped out from underneath me while I was making a loop off a freeway exit. I have made the loop many times successfully, but there has been a lot of construction there recently and there is a lot of dirt on the road. I think I lost traction, which is why the bike just slipped out from underneath me while making the turn. I got a barely noticeable abrasion on my right forearm thanks to my leather jacket with kevlar and then a nasty one on my right knee, but it looks like somebody just pushed me to the ground, lol. So I am okay. Destory my EMS uniform pants and the right side of my boot looks like it melted. Thankfully they had new/used pants in my size so I didn't have to walk around with a dirty pants with holes all day. My bike whole right side is scraped off. The muffler probably saved my right leg (CBR500 muffler is huge and stick out on the right side). I am bummed that my new bike is all damaged now. I hope repairs don't cost more than a grand. Next time I take that turn, I'll probably go slower so it doesn't require so much lean and counter steering.

CALEMT

Fell off my motorcyckr. It felt like it slipped out from underneath me while I was making a loop off a freeway exit. I have made the loop many times successfully, but there has been a lot of construction there recently and there is a lot of dirt on the road. I think I lost traction, which is why the bike just slipped out from underneath me while making the turn. I got a barely noticeable abrasion on my right forearm thanks to my leather jacket with kevlar and then a nasty one on my right knee, but it looks like somebody just pushed me to the ground, lol. So I am okay. My bike whole right is scraped off. The muffler probably saved my right leg (CBR500 muffler is huge and stick out on the right side). I am bummed that my new bike is all damaged now. I hope repairs don't cost more than a grand. Next time I take that turn, I'll probably go slower so it doesn't require so much lean and counter steering.

Sand and motorcycles don't mix all to well. Sorry to hear that you dropped it, luckily with street bikes the plastic fairings should be cheap. When you damage the frame or motor is when it starts to get expensive. Look into frame sliders, those things will save your motorcycle.

Fell off my motorcycle today on the way to work. I was probably like half a mile away from work. It felt like it slipped out from underneath me while I was making a loop off a freeway exit. I have made the loop many times successfully, but there has been a lot of construction there recently and there is a lot of dirt on the road. I think I lost traction, which is why the bike just slipped out from underneath me while making the turn. I got a barely noticeable abrasion on my right forearm thanks to my leather jacket with kevlar and then a nasty one on my right knee, but it looks like somebody just pushed me to the ground, lol. So I am okay. Destory my EMS uniform pants and the right side of my boot looks like it melted. Thankfully they had new/used pants in my size so I didn't have to walk around with a dirty pants with holes all day. My bike whole right side is scraped off. The muffler probably saved my right leg (CBR500 muffler is huge and stick out on the right side). I am bummed that my new bike is all damaged now. I hope repairs don't cost more than a grand. Next time I take that turn, I'll probably go slower so it doesn't require so much lean and counter steering.
Glad to hear you survived the fall bro.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
A picture of my bike now.

Attachments

• 20150814_072238.jpg
    20150814_072238.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 229

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess

Glad you're ok!

CALEMT

My truck is reading 122 degrees outside... damn.

CALEMT