the 100% directionless thread

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Snowmobile season is over.

What I don't understand is how my shoulder "doesn't appear to require surgery at this time" however it can take me out for the season, which goes through April sometimes into May.

Two years in a row I'm going to have to cancel my trip.

"Long term disability" was even mentioned, so off duty >3 months which means I'd run out of FMLA time which means there goes my job. Great.

I thought I hit rock bottom a long time ago. Apparently not.

It might be time to look for a second opinion. It couldn't hurt. I hope everything works out for you.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
It's forecast to drop down to 3 degrees tonight. I don't think this area has had these kinds of temperatures in a long time, if ever. Should be interesting.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Snowmobile season is over.

What I don't understand is how my shoulder "doesn't appear to require surgery at this time" however it can take me out for the season, which goes through April sometimes into May.

Two years in a row I'm going to have to cancel my trip.

"Long term disability" was even mentioned, so off duty >3 months which means I'd run out of FMLA time which means there goes my job. Great.

I thought I hit rock bottom a long time ago. Apparently not.

Real sorry to hear that. Shoulders are tough ones, saw lots of injured hockey players miss huge chunks of their season without needing surgery at my last job. Rehab is just longer on that join.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It might be time to look for a second opinion. It couldn't hurt. I hope everything works out for you.

Unfortunately that was the second opinion. They both agreed. Going to physical therapy today then for a third opinion next week depending on what the PT says today. I'm not looking forward to it, definitely isn't going to feel good. I've got no ROM so I don't understand what they can do PT on lol

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
It's forecast to drop down to 3 degrees tonight. I don't think this area has had these kinds of temperatures in a long time, if ever. Should be interesting.

How are roads on your side? They did a horrible job clearing roads on this side of the peninsula. I'm hoping tonight we don't have the obligatory round of bumper cars on our bridges.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
How are roads on your side? They did a horrible job clearing roads on this side of the peninsula. I'm hoping tonight we don't have the obligatory round of bumper cars on our bridges.

Main roads are all pretty good, bit slick on the side roads. I've heard plenty of minor MVAs all day with people following too closely and driving too fast. On the flip side of that, we have people who think they can't drive faster than 5 MPH on main highways with a few inches of snow. Back home, this would still be considered a minor dusting of snow.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Main roads are all pretty good, bit slick on the side roads. I've heard plenty of minor MVAs all day with people following too closely and driving too fast. On the flip side of that, we have people who think they can't drive faster than 5 MPH on main highways with a few inches of snow. Back home, this would still be considered a minor dusting of snow.

Sounds like all of SoCal. Snow = very slow roadways and people freaking out.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
A conversation with a co-worker at shift change:

Co-Worker: We had a cool STEMI today! We didn't see any EKG changes and neither did the hospital.

Me: ...So not a STEMI then.

Co-Worker: No, it was definitely an MI. The doctor said so and said the troponin was elevated.

Me: So an NSTEMI then?

Co-Worker: No, it really was an MI.

I gave up.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler

Co-Worker: We had a cool STEMI today! We didn't see any EKG changes and neither did the hospital.

Co-Worker: No, it was definitely an MI. The doctor said so and said the troponin was elevated.

I gave up.

You can thank the AHA for this conversation...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Ordering my Oklahoma Sooners championship t shirt today... sorry to all you Alabama fans

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger

I gave up.

Please tell me that at least it wasn't a medic.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Please tell me that at least it wasn't a medic.

I have bad news for you...Medic all the way.

On another note, my partner tonight is one of the aforementioned 10 mph drivers. I like working with her a lot, but she's from Florida and we're driving like it. How the guy from Colorado let the girl from Florida drive in the rare snowy weather is a mystery.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I can't feel my toes!

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief

I gave up.

Ummm.. pericarditis can also cause elevated Troponin levels..:rolleyes: