the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I've met a couple of them at parking lots of hospitals and seen them at Johnny Rockets on Broadway... Mmm... Chocolate coke. Some of them I have worked with or have taught me at EMT school. I believe your medical director (not sure if for American Medical Response or for the County) was our medical director at school (Westmed College). He was talking about how San Mateo County EMS was gonna have GlideScopes the one and only time I saw him. :\

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah they have been doing Vividtrac study for quite sometime

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Downloading DayZ Standalone. I hear it's awesome.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
So you shouldn't give aspirin to patients with asthma because it can trigger a asthma attack? Is that right? If they are having chest pain and you suspect a MI not asthma can you still give it or no? I have read some books that say asthma is a contradication for aspirin and others that haven't mentioned it!

I got that question wrong last week on a practice test.. GUESS WHO remembered it last night on the final? *this girl*

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Love my Tacoma. Got 130k on my 2007 and it's just getting started.

I had a 97 that had 230k on it and I sold it for 4500a couple years ago. Saw it driving around the other day.

I wanna make a desert Taco oh-so-badly

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I had a 97 that had 230k on it and I sold it for 4500a couple years ago. Saw it driving around the other day.

I wanna make a desert Taco oh-so-badly

Desert taco? Sounds kinda sandy

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Love my Tacoma. Got 130k on my 2007 and it's just getting started.

My subie has a 170k on it and needs about two grand in work if it's going to be the same reliable car I've had for the last six years and I think it's worth about 3.5 soooo....I'm looking at tacomas and frontiers, heard lots of good about both.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
My subie has a 170k on it and needs about two grand in work if it's going to be the same reliable car I've had for the last six years and I think it's worth about 3.5 soooo....I'm looking at tacomas and frontiers, heard lots of good about both.
Nismo Frontier with the 6 speed! Awesome trucks, I got to romp one when I was 13, probably the worst decision of that guy's life.
Held up like no other, even with me stalling it out 100x (that's what you get for trying to teach someone to drive a manual while in the sand... Although the first time I got on actual road, I did amazing after that little experience).
His was at 70k or something like that at the time and he sold it 2 years ago at 160 with nothing in it, besides some minor stuff.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I'm looking at tacomas and frontiers, heard lots of good about both.

You can't go wrong either way. I have a Taco now and had a Frontier previously. Both are really excellent trucks.

My only complaint about either was the fuel mileage. I average 18 with my 4.0 6-speed 4wd Taco, yet my friends who drive full size automatics get the same or better mpg.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
You can't go wrong either way. I have a Taco now and had a Frontier previously. Both are really excellent trucks.

My only complaint about either was the fuel mileage. I average 18 with my 4.0 6-speed 4wd Taco, yet my friends who drive full size automatics get the same or better mpg.

That's what I am concerned about too. I'm still keeping Imprezza wagons in the back of my mind, but I want the flexibility of a light truck with a capper.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ugh is it time for the holidays to be over?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
45 students at one of our local high schools tested positive for TB. Now there is going to be testing of all the students and staff.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Man!! 45 students. That is just crazy, I wounder how much more will have TB after testing the rest.

Originally 1 student had a confirmed case of active TB. So as a precaution the school and department of health tested all students that had direct contact with him/her. Now that there are 45 confirmed cases the whole school is being tested.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally 1 student had a confirmed case of active TB. So as a precaution the school and department of health tested all students that had direct contact with him/her. Now that there are 45 confirmed cases the whole school is being tested.
That's insane.
I may be wrong, but I thought skin tests only confirmed you had exposure? Are they having to x ray all these kids to confirm it?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's insane.
I may be wrong, but I thought skin tests only confirmed you had exposure? Are they having to x ray all these kids to confirm it?

That is correct. 45 had the positive skin test out of 119 students tested. 11 out of the 45 have had x-rays that show they need further treatment.