the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
Everyone knows what the fox says

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Ftanga-images%2F47e6hk9kyk3z.jpg

Halfway done with internship. Almost there!

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
<~~~~~ Is completely unaware of what the fox says. And I plan to stay uninformed on this particular matter, too!!

I actually find the gas units to be smoother while shifting. It's takes a while to feather the gas pedal to have a smooth take off.
Are most ambulances automatic or manual trans? The above would lead me to thinking that the ambo driven is a manual. I never learned how to drive a manual. Only an automatic. :unsure:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Are most ambulances automatic or manual trans? The above would lead me to thinking that the ambo driven is a manual. I never learned how to drive a manual. Only an automatic. :unsure:

Don't worry too much. They're all automatic. Manual ambulances would be a poor idea based on how many people can't drive manuals anyway, not to mention the messing around people already do with the MDT or lights and sirens when they're driving...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Since when is work a place to only discuss politics. Seriously show up early and what do I get? Oh let's see let's make Tigger defend every aspect of the welfare system, Affordable Care Act, and pretty much any policy a Democrat has instituted in the last two decades. This isn't my job, and I am getting pretty frickin sick of it. Just because I went to a liberal college and did in fact vote Democrat does not mean I want to play that roll. It's just sickening to listen to how condescending and broad-brushing some of my coworkers can be but nearly impossible to escape, someone please give me a call, one in the middle of nowhere hopefully.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Since when is work a place to only discuss politics. Seriously show up early and what do I get? Oh let's see let's make Tigger defend every aspect of the welfare system, Affordable Care Act, and pretty much any policy a Democrat has instituted in the last two decades. This isn't my job, and I am getting pretty frickin sick of it. Just because I went to a liberal college and did in fact vote Democrat does not mean I want to play that roll. It's just sickening to listen to how condescending and broad-brushing some of my coworkers can be but nearly impossible to escape, someone please give me a call, one in the middle of nowhere hopefully.

You know your radio station rule... time to play some NPR!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Then why not just nod your head and agree to avoid problems?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Probably a smarter course of action but I'd rather not compromise all my views all the time.

Anonymous

Forum Captain

You can actually defend Welfare and the Affordable Care Act? :p

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader

Wildly inappropriate. If two people wish to respectfully discuss politics at work it's one thing, but forcing a trapped party into defending their beliefs is a whole different level of wrong. Seriously, you're well within your rights to put a quick stop to that kind of nonsense.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah politics and religion shouldn't be discussed in the work place. Because anyone else's opinion but mine is simply wrong and I hate seeing people get butthurt about it

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I have no issues discussing politics at work. I was a political science major for a reason after all. I was just a little pissed this morning that it crossed the line from discussion to attack and it commenced even before checking out the truck.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Yeah politics and religion shouldn't be discussed in the work place. Because anyone else's opinion but mine is simply wrong and I hate seeing people get butthurt about it

I know that's what Facebook and Emtlife are for! :p

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Probably a smarter course of action but I'd rather not compromise all my views all the time.

I break out in a blind rage when people call welfare recipients "lazy, uneducated, drug addicts, blahblahblah"..

Dude, I've hit low spots in life where I HAD to apply for benefits. I've been on daycare assistance, food stamps, WIC, cash assistance.. Friggin SUCKS. It's humiliating, it's humbling... Nothing worse than checking out at the grocery store and having the lady behind you mumble, "Food stamps? Figures."

I can't judge anyone. I've been there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I break out in a blind rage when people call welfare recipients "lazy, uneducated, drug addicts, blahblahblah"..

Dude, I've hit low spots in life where I HAD to apply for benefits. I've been on daycare assistance, food stamps, WIC, cash assistance.. Friggin SUCKS. It's humiliating, it's humbling... Nothing worse than checking out at the grocery store and having the lady behind you mumble, "Food stamps? Figures."

I can't judge anyone. I've been there.

I definitely agree that not everyone on welfare are addicts or uneducated. I can't say that I've been there myself but to think that it was true is asinine.

With that said I 100% support drug testing to apply for welfare. I've got no problem with the government spending a bit of money to do that.