the 100% directionless thread

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm quite fond of my '05 Dodge Dakota 4.7L V8 though the mileage does kinda suck, getting 16-18 combined. Though I can get up to 22 highway on long road trips (going from LA to SD or even the coast to coast road trip I did last year). Need to hurry up and get into the FD so I can afford one of them new Eco diesel Rams lol
Speaking of diesels, I'm rather excited to see the new Cruze diesel. Supposed to get around 5 more mpg than a Jetta TDI, low 50's i think it was, and has a higher hprsepower/ tq rating. Right under 25k, too. More importantly I just like that an American company is taking advantage of the lack of diesel sedans and providing something besides a Jetta, not that Jetta's are bad, but repairs from VAG are extremely expensive (I feel like I need to explain that VAG means Volkswagen Audi Group).

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Speaking of diesels, I'm rather excited to see the new Cruze diesel. Supposed to get around 5 more mpg than a Jetta TDI, low 50's i think it was, and has a higher hprsepower/ tq rating. Right under 25k, too. More importantly I just like that an American company is taking advantage of the lack of diesel sedans and providing something besides a Jetta, not that Jetta's are bad, but repairs from VAG are extremely expensive (I feel like I need to explain that VAG means Volkswagen Audi Group).

I will be very interested in this in the future, I think.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm quite fond of my '05 Dodge Dakota 4.7L V8 though the mileage does kinda suck, getting 16-18 combined. Though I can get up to 22 highway on long road trips (going from LA to SD or even the coast to coast road trip I did last year). Need to hurry up and get into the FD so I can afford one of them new Eco diesel Rams lol

I'm very fond of my 03 Chevy silverado 1500 5.3L V8. Sadly my milage is 13 city and ~16 highway :blink:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
35 yo m, motorcycle wreck, no helmet, depressed skull fracture with blown pupils, csf, skull crepitus, etc. Etomidate + versed, King LT (not an easy intubation, very bloody airway with trismus and decorticate posturing, so I dropped a King with outstanding results). Nine minute scene time, 23 minute transport.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Today was a good day. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375762630.663130.jpg

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I will be very interested in this in the future, I think.
Comes out this fall. The Chevy website said 25,600 for one and says it gets 46. I forgot which magazine had an article, but I swear I just saw one that said they got 50.
Edit: The only thing I'm liking more about the Jetta is the 5 speed manual. Chevy only has an automatic...

35 yo m, motorcycle wreck, no helmet, depressed skull fracture with blown pupils, csf, skull crepitus, etc. Etomidate + versed, King LT (not an easy intubation, very bloody airway with trismus and decorticate posturing, so I dropped a King with outstanding results). Nine minute scene time, 23 minute transport.
I don't understand why people choose to not wear gear. Least it gives you some semblance of safety. Not much, but still... Suppose the same could be said about seat belts, though... People are stupid.
I was driving around with a friend the other day that rides and he rides ATGATT (all the gear, all the time) and we saw a guy with no gear with a kid on the back that couldn't have been much older than 5 with absolutely nothing besides a shorty helmet (the ones that don't cover the face at all). My friend looked like he was about to blow his top when he saw her on the back :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief

Atleast yours was alive (bearly) when you got there. Mine decided to pass a big rig. Well he lost. :/

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Atleast yours was alive (bearly) when you got there. Mine decided to pass a big rig. Well he lost. :/

A helmet would have turned this into a near-refusal.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well then. Walking out of the hospital with our nice stable patient, about 20 feet in front of us a run comes in through the ambulance doors, very first thing I notice is a medic on top of the gurney straddling the patient doing chest compressions with about 5 other guys pushing them into the ED, as we walk pass I overhear "unknown down time" out in the parking lot was the ALS ambulance immediately in front of the ED entry ramp with all doors wide open, Supervisor truck with its Code 3 lights still flashing, County Fire paramedic chase truck and engine parked on the curb o_O

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well then. Walking out of the hospital with our nice stable patient, about 20 feet in front of us a run comes in through the ambulance doors, very first thing I notice is a medic on top of the gurney straddling the patient doing chest compressions with about 5 other guys pushing them into the ED, as we walk pass I overhear "unknown down time" out in the parking lot was the ALS ambulance immediately in front of the ED entry ramp with all doors wide open, Supervisor truck with its Code 3 lights still flashing, County Fire paramedic chase truck and engine parked on the curb o_O

Must have been a LEO/Firefighter/EMS. At least that how it is here. Normal arrests are brought in with a max of 5 people and normally get called if no ROSC. If its any of the above people there will be no parking in the ER and the ER will be filled. Normally they will work LEO/Fire/EMS until a family member is contacted who can call it (the docs don't want to).

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
How come the etomidate and versed?

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

Looked at one of the Cruze diesels last month while on the Power Tour. Looks good and the only Chevy I'd consider buying.

Mazda is supposed to offer a diesel in the CX5 and Mazda6 within the next year. 170+ hp and 250+ lbft torques. Looks very promising. They've been running a few diesel Mazda 6s on one of the racing series.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
35 yo m, motorcycle wreck, no helmet, depressed skull fracture with blown pupils, csf, skull crepitus, etc. ...
I used to ride a Piaggio (motorscooter) till I put it into the back of a Chevy. I had three-quarter helmet, off-road knee/shin and elbow/forearm guards and denim trousers with cowboy-style boots. I hit the car and, according to what I overheard witnesses saying, "flew like Superman" over the car and somersaulted a couple of times before coming to rest on my back. Off to the ED where X-rays confirmed no spinal cord involvement. ED had me up and walking the halls not 10 minutes after X-ray. Sent home the same day. Next day, radiologist calls me to say I had five transverse process fractures of the L-1 thru L-3. But I walked away with not much more than a backache, sore shoulder and knee, and a gnarly road rash. Made for excellent horror stories for my then 14 year old nephew and his buddies.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Party in chat nublets.

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
Ya know, exodus, you could've just said I wasn't the person you wanted to talk to. I would've left you alone.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Ya know, exodus, you could've just said I wasn't the person you wanted to talk to. I would've left you alone.

Darn it! I missed you by like 25 minutes.

Oops, sorry guys. Chrome restarted and I forgot to open chat back up >.>