the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Found out today, that as soon as I get my license numbers, I will have a full time medic spot waiting for me.

Heck yes!

So when is the party?

Anjel

Forum Angel

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
Found out today, that as soon as I get my license numbers, I will have a full time medic spot waiting for me.

Heck yes!
I send you dancing rodents from the jungle of Africa ... CONGA-RATS!!!! LoL
Congratulations, Anjel!! :beerchug: :beerchug:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Congratulations Anjel!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
There's a hole in my sock on my big toe.

A true sign of a hard working adult or evidence of laziness?

For me it would mean I'm wearing my Redbacks. Weird wear pattern always puts a hole in my left sock over the big toe. :/.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I have holes in my shoes under my big toes, which means socks always go out there. I walk funny though, kinda a duck walk, so that's why... :huh:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I send you dancing rodents from the jungle of Africa ... CONGA-RATS!!!! LoL
Congratulations, Anjel!! :beerchug: :beerchug:

Now that's pretty funny :lol:

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Are Buicks good cars for traveling, or in other words good on gas(MPG), not the newer ones either, the one I was looking at was a little older not sure what year. Also what are some good cars that are easy on gas. Just going to be traveling a lot so looking for car that would work out for that.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Are Buicks good cars for traveling, or in other words good on gas(MPG), not the newer ones either, the one I was looking at was a little older not sure what year. Also what are some good cars that are easy on gas. Just going to be traveling a lot so looking for car that would work out for that.
Do you know the model? Or can you find a similar picture?
That's a biiggg gap that the car could fall in, haha.
I'm guessing you're talking about a LeSabre (it's the most popular [if you can call a Buick besides the GNX popular? haha])

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Do you know the model? Or can you find a similar picture?
That's a biiggg gap that the car could fall in, haha.
I'm guessing you're talking about a LeSabre (it's the most popular [if you can call a Buick besides the GNX popular? haha])

No I did just a quick look and that was at the price(5,000) I know stupid for not looking at model. Will have to do that tomorrow.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Apparently we're getting raises and new tablets with voice recognition software for charting... This is gonna be interesting to see how this all goes down.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Alright. I'm probably going to ramble sometime in this post, so sorry :blush:
So, I'm just gonna guess we're talking late 90's/ early 00's at that price point.
Most of the Buicks at that time (Riviera, Le Sabre, Regal is all of them I think) had the L36 3.8L series II, along with a lot of Pontiacs and Olds. I don't know the motor in the Century, but I know they get high 20's, because my sister used to drive one.

The 3.8L is a great motor, they made Ward's top 10 engines list for 2 or 3 years in a row. The Series I (it was phased out in '95 I believe) was also a good motor, just underpowered.
I've had 3 of the series II's in that past two years, including the L67 version with the Eaton roots type supercharger. The Riviera is the one in Buick's line up that's available supercharged.
I drive with a heavy foot, but the Camaro and the Firebird with the 3.8L both averaged about 24ish MPG. They're decently peppy, too.

The one problem they like to have is the intake manifold gasket. You can normally see if that has cracked by checking the coolant and seeing if there's oil in it. I cracked my Firebird's and did 4 coolant flushes and there was still sludge from the oil. If it hasn't been replaced, but they kept up with coolant flushes then it's probably ok.
I also had to replace the AC compressor on both my GTP and Firebird, plus the AC clutch on the Camaro, so that seems to be another.
Other than that, they're pretty solid. I gave the Camaro to a friend and he's ran it up from the 170k I had it at to 250k in the past year without any other problems. I've loved all of them and they all took trips from Phx to San Diego, about once a month and held up fine.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Alright. I'm probably going to ramble sometime in this post, so sorry :blush:
So, I'm just gonna guess we're talking late 90's/ early 00's at that price point.
Most of the Buicks at that time (Riviera, Le Sabre, Regal is all of them I think) had the L36 3.8L series II, along with a lot of Pontiacs and Olds. I don't know the motor in the Century, but I know they get high 20's, because my sister used to drive one.

The 3.8L is a great motor, they made Ward's top 10 engines list for 2 or 3 years in a row. The Series I (it was phased out in '95 I believe) was also a good motor, just underpowered.
I've had 3 of the series II's in that past two years, including the L67 version with the Eaton roots type supercharger. The Riviera is the one in Buick's line up that's available supercharged.
I drive with a heavy foot, but the Camaro and the Firebird with the 3.8L both averaged about 24ish MPG. They're decently peppy, too.

The one problem they like to have is the intake manifold gasket. You can normally see if that has cracked by checking the coolant and seeing if there's oil in it. I cracked my Firebird's and did 4 coolant flushes and there was still sludge from the oil. If it hasn't been replaced, but they kept up with coolant flushes then it's probably ok.
I also had to replace the AC compressor on both my GTP and Firebird, plus the AC clutch on the Camaro, so that seems to be another.
Other than that, they're pretty solid. I gave the Camaro to a friend and he's ran it up from the 170k I had it at to 250k in the past year without any other problems. I've loved all of them and they all took trips from Phx to San Diego, about once a month and held up fine.

Thanks for the advice!

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Apparently we're getting raises and new tablets with voice recognition software for charting... This is gonna be interesting to see how this all goes down.

That will be very interesting, you gotta keep us informed on how it all works out.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm quite fond of my '05 Dodge Dakota 4.7L V8 though the mileage does kinda suck, getting 16-18 combined. Though I can get up to 22 highway on long road trips (going from LA to SD or even the coast to coast road trip I did last year). Need to hurry up and get into the FD so I can afford one of them new Eco diesel Rams lol