the 100% directionless thread

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
At Target earlier, and there's a man who appears to be an "urban outdoorsman" sitting on the bench outside the store. He asked a passer-by for some water, so I went back to my car and raided my stash of water and snacks I keep in the trunk. When I gave them to him, I asked if he needed anything else. He said no, he was just waiting for the ambulance. I asked if anyone had called for an ambulance, and when he said no, offered to call myself. I tried to call 411 (information) on my phone, but its a pre-paid, and it wouldn't let me. I tried to look up the number of local PD to get an ambo sent non-emergency, but that didn't work either (stupid pre-paid!!), so I went inside Target to ask them to call for a non-emergency transport. I was informed that the guy was not homeless, and seems to be a regular visitor. Target employee said he'd call the man's caretaker. I finished my shopping and on my way out, there was an AMR rig with one medic talking to the patient, and the other medic talking to PD who'd just arrived on-scene. I'm just glad I'm not the one who called 911.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
One gown makes 25 body bags worth it. Letting one person see their kid graduate from high school is worth it.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
One gown makes 25 body bags worth it. Letting one person see their kid graduate from high school is worth it.

Unfortunately all my gowns have only made it a day or two in the ICU. One day circumstances will align and we will have a story to be proud of instead if an interesting case review. At this point I consider it unusual when the doc makes it out to the ambulance while we are still in the bay.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
...............oops

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I've had only a couple "saves" that made it past the ED. Both went to ICU. After that, there wasn't any dispo information. I doubt any exited the ICU under their own power... let alone with a pulse.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
My last arrest was talking to us as we rolled into the ER...

Talking / mumbling on scene. Went to pulseless v-tach, first shock within 10 seconds. Back into sinus rhythm.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

Talking / mumbling on scene. Went to pulseless v-tach, first shock within 10 seconds. Back into sinus rhythm.

Had a patient the other day we made for nausea and weakness. Late 50s male who, from looking at him, was in no obvious distress. Only vital outside of normal was his bp, but he was noncompliant with his meds. Ambulance transported him and hospital elected to put him in triage. Before the ambo guys finished their report, the guy started vomiting blood in the triage area, and fell over dead. They worked him for a good 30min before calling him. Completely unexpected. That guy was talking, joking, and in good spirits when I last saw him.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Never mind....

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

That was your BLS call right?

Anonymous

Forum Captain
Had a patient the other day we made for nausea and weakness. Late 50s male who, from looking at him, was in no obvious distress. Only vital outside of normal was his bp, but he was noncompliant with his meds. Ambulance transported him and hospital elected to put him in triage. Before the ambo guys finished their report, the guy started vomiting blood in the triage area, and fell over dead. They worked him for a good 30min before calling him. Completely unexpected. That guy was talking, joking, and in good spirits when I last saw him.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Anjel

Forum Angel
You may all call me paramedic Anjel!!
I passed! First try. Only person who didn't have to retake a station!!!

So happy!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Yup :)

I happened to stumble across an event being held by the local 'province' this spring. So I went home, dug out the outfit I wore to my cousin's wedding and went back to join in the fun.

283817_371112239626411_1795627203_n.jpg

"Thank heavens thou art here! The patient is back this way!! "

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
*post tones* "medic xx copy you 10-78 (medics need assistance, panic button depressed)"

"Uhhhh, we're code 4..."

Apparently our spare decided it wanted to be cute and start sending out random distress signals while it sat on the table by itself...maybe it was bored?

Damn thing ruined my nap :(

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
"Uhhhh, we're code 4..."

Another radio phrase not used over here! I used it once thinking it was universal, and was told people had no idea what I was talking about and that it sounded like Priority 4, meaning a DOA.