the 100% directionless thread

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Happy New Year from New Zealand...See you all in 2013..when you catch us up!:D

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Well what a night and its not even over yet. Working New Years in Vegas is literally a :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: show and it's not even NYE.

:eek: I so wanna be on your truck for new years! Or any truck in Vegas in new years for that matter. Are you covering any part of the strip or downtown?

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
:eek: I so wanna be on your truck for new years! Or any truck in Vegas in new years for that matter. Are you covering any part of the strip or downtown?

Last night I was standby at one of the night clubs and tonight I am on a strip truck. It should be an interesting night for sure.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hate this time of the year as far as paperwork goes. We have a lot of snowbirds (mostly Canadians who come down here for the weather) but yet our computer ePCR is really only set up to let us put in information from people living here in the states.

Also, at least once per shift I have had a medical call at our airport. Kinda fun just walking straight thru TSA checkpoints and having everyone just look at us.

bigbaldguy

Well downside is I'm out $ up side is I'm off for new years. Wonder if I can crash a neighbors party.

bigbaldguy

Be safe out there tonight guys. I want everybody in bed by 1201 next year :)

JPINFV

Gadfly
Also, is it wrong of me to be proper on the radio? Some people think I am being too anal but I don't think so; for example somebody might say "Ambulance, New Lynn 1, status 1, R50 required" whereas I will say "New Lynn 1 calls Ambulance, patient status 1, require R50"; if they are calling me they will say "Ambulance calls ...." so I say it the other way round and I dno, just saying "status 1" is improper English, the only thing that can be "status 1" is the patient because that is what status codes are used to describe, but I dno I just think it sounds lazy and bad grammar.

Now speaking of all this; Mt Wellington 2 calls Ambulance, Clare-ing on Code New Year! :D

I just want to make sure, but you're advocating the "Hey you, it's me" style of starting a radio conversation instead of "It's me, hey you" type?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I just want to make sure, but you're advocating the "Hey you, it's me" style of starting a radio conversation instead of "It's me, hey you" type?

I hate that style. It's not a natural method of speaking but we're required to use it here for some archaic and unknown reason.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I hate that style. It's not a natural method of speaking but we're required to use it here for some archaic and unknown reason.

It's also stupid because you've identified yourself before getting the attention of who ever you're calling. The only exception is if all communication is supposed to go through one party (i.e. units only talk to dispatch on the radio), then the receiver is a given.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I now officially cringe whenever I see or hear the word 'prolapse'.

I've never seen that in a huma...

Wait, forget I said anything. Last time I said something like that, I got a call later that day involving something I had only seen/done to an animal in a vet clinic.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain

Around here, we use the "Hey you, its me" style. Usually something like "Dispatch? Basic __. (Insert message here.)" or if I'm calling someone else, it would be something like "Rescue __? Basic __. (Insert message here)"

Achilles

Forum Moron
Can someone explain this to me even if it is old.
CCCDD60E-4DD8-42D0-B124-4C86AF39DD4D-1335-000000D4CDDC6430.jpg

medic417

The Truth Provider