the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Two days left until my retirement from NYC EMS.

So excited.

Awesome, congrats! I just met a recently retired NY medic on the plane but I didn't get his name. He was heading to Vegas :)

Where you going first?

bigbaldguy

If one of my fellow stews calls in sick tomorrow and I can snag the hours before anyone else I will for 3 blessed days make just a little more than the most senior pilot in our company. I don't even want the money I just want a pay check showing a 3 digit hourly rate on it so I can leave it lying around when women come over. Is that wrong :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If one of my fellow stews calls in sick tomorrow and I can snag the hours before anyone else I will for 3 blessed days make just a little more than the most senior pilot in our company. I don't even want the money I just want a pay check showing a 3 digit hourly rate on it so I can leave it lying around when women come over. Is that wrong :)

That'd get you into my pa....errr :D

Hahaha.

3 digit hourly is impressive, sir. How much OT have you worked this pay period? :blink:

bigbaldguy

That'd get you into my pa....errr :D

Hahaha.

3 digit hourly is impressive, sir. How much OT have you worked this pay period? :blink:

None this month, it's all been straight time. It's just the three days that will be at double time and a half. If I was a harder worker honestly I'd be able to retire already but alas I'm just to damn lazy.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
None this month, it's all been straight time. It's just the three days that will be at double time and a half. If I was a harder worker honestly I'd be able to retire already but alas I'm just to damn lazy.

That would be ....triple time?:p

JPINFV

Gadfly
Where did c come from in that equation jpinfv posted?

a^2+b^2=x^2

Classically it's a^2+b^2=c^2, however since we had already defined the unknown as being "x" and given numbers for "a" and "b," I just set "c" to our already unknown variable "x."

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

JPINFV

Gadfly
I feel this thread is going to jinx me for Tuesday night (first L&D shift).

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
With less than an hour left of 2012 I say good riddance and bring on 2013, my resolutions are to eat better and to put an end to being single I would be quite happy with that, which I don't think is asking too much!

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
With less than an hour left of 2012 I say good riddance and bring on 2013, my resolutions are to eat better and to put an end to being single I would be quite happy with that, which I don't think is asking too much!

Omgz me too! :wub:

bigbaldguy

Omgz me too! :wub:

Ahhh you guys would make such a cute couple. Of course there's the whole thousands of miles of ocean thing. Someone better start swimming.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Ahhh you guys would make such a cute couple. Of course there's the whole thousands of miles of ocean thing. Someone better start swimming.

I never was a very good swimmer, well I did partake in some swimming competitions at school when I was younger but we will pretend that never happened and that I am not a good swimmer.

Also

(1) He is from St. Louis and neither St Louis nor Missouri have a lot going for them; an arch, really?

(2) I know one of my friends met his wife on the internet but they were only a couple hours apart so it was a bit more feasible, and most importantly

(3) How do I know he is not some psychopathic stalker internet serial killer weirdo that I was just watching about on the Crime and Investigation channel?

Sorry mate, nothing personal :)

Last edited by a moderator:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I never was a very good swimmer, well I did partake in some swimming competitions at school when I was younger but we will pretend that never happened and that I am not a good swimmer.

Also

(1) He is from St. Louis and neither St Louis nor Missouri have a lot going for them; an arch, really?

(2) I know one of my friends met his wife on the internet but they were only a couple hours apart so it was a bit more feasible, and most importantly

(3) How do I know he is not some psychopathic stalker internet serial killer weirdo that I was just watching about on the Crime and Investigation channel?

Sorry mate, nothing personal :)

(1)We are the most dangerous city in the U.S., that is kinda cool?
(2) I don't date old chicks.....

Ya that pretty much sums it up

On a side note I find an awesome blog by an RN. It is totally vulgar, inappropriate, and brutally honest. Worth a read

http://mojo-rn.blogspot.com/?m=1

Last edited by a moderator:

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
(1)We are the most dangerous city in the U.S., that is kinda cool?
(2) I don't date old chicks.....

Ya that pretty much sums it up

(1) No
(2) I am going to pretend I did not see that, for your sake

Also, is it wrong of me to be proper on the radio? Some people think I am being too anal but I don't think so; for example somebody might say "Ambulance, New Lynn 1, status 1, R50 required" whereas I will say "New Lynn 1 calls Ambulance, patient status 1, require R50"; if they are calling me they will say "Ambulance calls ...." so I say it the other way round and I dno, just saying "status 1" is improper English, the only thing that can be "status 1" is the patient because that is what status codes are used to describe, but I dno I just think it sounds lazy and bad grammar.

Now speaking of all this; Mt Wellington 2 calls Ambulance, Clare-ing on Code New Year! :D

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Well what a night and its not even over yet. Working New Years in Vegas is literally a :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: show and it's not even NYE.