the 100% directionless thread

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
The more I hang around in the ER, the more interested I become in nursing.

I like knowing how and why things happen. Not only just how to keep the person stable until we get to the hospital.

You should try to shadow in an ICU. I am particularity fond of CT/CV ICU. There is nothing quite like managing a post op CABG patient with an open chest, Vented, IABP, and Multiple pressors/drips for 12 hours.

Anjel

Forum Angel
You should try to shadow in an ICU. I am particularity fond of CT/CV ICU. There is nothing quite like managing a post op CABG patient with an open chest, Vented, IABP, and Multiple pressors/drips for 12 hours.

I have 16 hrs in either the ICU or CCU. I'll be doing those soon.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's funny, the more time I spend in the ED, the happier I am that I didn't take everyone's advice and go to nursing school.

I love the idea of Critical Care nursing, but the thought of working with catty, snotty, burnt out nurses everyday makes me want to jab a pen in my eye.

At least when I'm on the medic unit, I can go out in the apparatus bay when I need some peace and quiet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
And a fourth and its another mod. Wonder has the bigger ban button?:rofl:

Nope no good. Our buttons are like particle accelerators if you cross the streams… It would be bad…

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
You drove 34 miles to go to redbox and rent a movie for a $1? And you are going to bring it back too?
Heard of Netflix?

Nearest Redbox to where I live is a 20 minute drive one-way.

Same here. I like living an hour away from the nearest McDonalds.

Ok, I'm not quite that bad. Nearest McDonalds takes me 50 minutes to get to.

Yup, I'm another one living out in the sticks.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Nope no good. Our buttons are like particle accelerators if you cross the streams… It would be bad…

It's like the Avada Kedavra curse. The streams would battle and the winner would live, but be left as a horcrux that the other would need to kill in order to get de-banned.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
He's a moderator among moderators. You should see the mess whenever we do something wrong. Smileys everywhere, with asterisks and pound signs all over the floor.

And where do you think he gets the smilies from?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Oh crap mod wars has started. Run away fast everyone.:blink:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

You don't have a ban button you have one of those huge floor levers like you see in old Frankenstein movies complete with sparks flying off of it as you manically slam it down as a wolf howls in the night and the lights flicker.

And where do you think he gets the smilies from?

The big smilie storage cabinet next to the CL break room?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
aje8u7ym.jpg

Last shift before vacation. Let's see if something happens.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

medic417

The Truth Provider

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Mock it if you want... but a WaWa Turkey Bowl is pretty damn good.

And it comes pre-digested for your convenience.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
A convenience store is just that. A small store that carries essentials and junk food. There is a big difference between a gas station with 1 cooler of soda and 1 shelf of dusty candy bars and some of the nicer convenience stores.