Anjel

Forum Angel

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
So my wife walked the stage yesterday for her BSN; Summa cum laude with a 4.0 :) Today, she got offered a job at our Level 1 in the Neurosurgical/Surgical Trauma ICU :D My wife is a bamf. Just sayin'... Lol :D

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
So my wife walked the stage yesterday for her BSN; Summa cum laude with a 4.0 :) Today, she got offered a job at our Level 1 in the Neurosurgical/Surgical Trauma ICU :D My wife is a bamf. Just sayin'... Lol :D

Congratulations to the two of you :) That's quite impressive.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Nice, tell her congrats. Better watch out man she might be looking to trade up ;)

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
When I was in Tahoe, I didn't like the snow.

JDub

Forum Lieutenant
Not even 15 minutes into my shift and I get an Auto vs. Ped traumatic arrest. I have a feeling tonight is gonna be long.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
my wife got this for me (us) to celebrate my new job :)

dom_zpsde2f1ce7.jpg

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So I'm posted in the middle of Timbuktu. Like two hours from my normal station. In an old insane asylum.

Like, that is the freaking station! One wing of an old insane asylum. This building is creeeeeeepy. Remind me to never transfer to this station.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Medic Tim Congrats!!

Where is the new job? Oil Sands?

I have several friends working there and more co-workers leaving every week or so it seems.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So I'm posted in the middle of Timbuktu. Like two hours from my normal station. In an old insane asylum.

Like, that is the freaking station! One wing of an old insane asylum. This building is creeeeeeepy. Remind me to never transfer to this station.

So how many more hours is your psych hold still valid for?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere

That your substance problem diversion program? How enlightened, a "work release" version!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief

Reminds me of this time like a year or 2 ago, must've been closer to 2, when me and a few friends went to an abandoned insane asylum, that was supposedly haunted. Didn't see anything, but just being in there gave me the creeps.
Then we went to "guano" tracks, which is an abandoned race track in southern Phoenix, that's also supposedly haunted. It's called "guano tracks," because in the center there's a solid 8" of bat guano. Went in past those turn stile things and there's a metal gate. Walked past it first and it slammed shut in between me and my friends. As soon as it slammed, like a dozen bats flew straight at me, tried to turn around, but the gate was sticking... Still never found out if one of them slammed it to scare me or not, but they swear they didn't.
Weren't some of the smarter things that I've done, but bored teenagers looking for cheap thrills to impress girls= bad ideas.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

Our county parole board and some other local agencies are based in a similar place. In high school we used to have cross country practice in there since it had some good hills, that ended when a kid was hit by a security card driving too fast around a blind corner (he was not hurt). Creepy place, but it's now "secured" because of the asbestos risk. That makes them too expensive to tear down, so eventually when it catches fire it'll burn. Another one of them went up during a project to make the main building into condos.

3067071-Danvers_State_Mental_Hospital_Danvers.jpg

(credit)

Achilles

Forum Moron
A56B48B3-9F10-4CC3-8792-BFF14F9ABFCD-3920-000002397ED7AC9F.jpg

Blittle, we've got a few of those places around here, I've never gone because I'm not a fan of trespassing nor getting sick from mold.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Haha, I've heard that before, I got confused by it too and said "bucket. " But, you can't say you don't do anything stupid like that at 16, haha.