the 100% directionless thread

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Nice work :) congrats. Now for practicals :eek:

Practicals are done :) Did those last week.
so... Now for NREMT -_-
haha. I have to wait for my next paycheck on the 28th, before I can sign up. Don't have the $70 right now. Have $100 in my wallet for two weeks of gas :eek: It'll be pushing it, maybe literally, haha. That 14 mpg is fantastic >.>
I've put the application in to test, though.
Edit: Forgot to say thanks, woops. haha, thank you though.
Also wanted to add that me and one of my friends took the class together and we made a bet at the beginning of who would have the highest grade, kind of like a way to keep motivated, since it was $100. We both got 91.2% overall.... Not even a little bit of difference in the grade... haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Practicals are done :) Did those last week.
so... Now for NREMT -_-
haha. I have to wait for my next paycheck on the 28th, before I can sign up. Don't have the $70 right now.

$70!?!?!!

:blink:

My provincial registration test cost me... wait for it....$647.00. Then an additional $550 for the actual registration once I passed.

:angry:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief

$70!?!?!!

My provincial registration test cost me... wait for it....$647.00. Then an additional $550 for the actual registration once I passed.

•Pay the application fee of $70.00 (US funds). The application fee is non-transferable and non-refundable. This fee is charged for each attempt of the cognitive examination.
Yep, $70. Haha.
But keep in mind, that I'm a high school student still and that $70 is quite a lot to me, when I make a whole $4/ hr. Supposed to make tips, but really? No one tips at Sonic...

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

$70!?!?!!

Yeah but that's Canadian dollars right so what's that like 39 bucks US ;) j/k

Wow that is a bunch of money. What level of certification was it for?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Something I want to say about practicals, real quick. They really need new evaluators for some of them.
My medical one was for chest pain, I get to the interventions part and say "I'm going to request permission from med control to admin 1 dose of ASA/ nitro."
He asks the proper dosage and I say
ASA- (4) 81 mg chewable tablets
For nitro I say "1 .4 mg tablet"
I realize how that could be confusing and I correct it and say "I mean 1 as in a single .4 mg sublingual tablet."
He still failed me for that and told me that I gave the improper dosage of nitro. "It should be .4, not 1.4..."
Made me do it all over again, but this time I got a diabetic with hypoglycemia.

JPINFV

Gadfly

$70!?!?!!

My licensing fees will cost over $2500.00 by the time I'm done... and that's not counting cross country travel expense or specialty board fees.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Regarding a specific, now locked, thread....

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Damn, missed it, it all happened while I was in the shower :sad:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Lame EMS meme got posted that references... alternative... lifestyles. Links got posted that directing him to a more appropriate site for his... hobby. 5 points to Gryffindor. However, I'd argue that technically speaking, the infraction is not merited based on the front page alone not showing anything... special.

...I love ellipsis...

Diptherious

Forum Ride Along

$70!?!?!!

Wow, are you sure they didn't just pull a fast one on ya? Kinda ridiculous considering I hear medics are needed out in Alberta. We've got swathes of paramedics applying in Ontario and it's only 250$ a pop including retries

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm really glad that Christopher responded to the thread though...

Me too. Only thing cooler is when Tom B answers up. :D

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Something I want to say about practicals, real quick. They really need new evaluators for some of them.
My medical one was for chest pain, I get to the interventions part and say "I'm going to request permission from med control to admin 1 dose of ASA/ nitro."
He asks the proper dosage and I say
ASA- (4) 81 mg chewable tablets
For nitro I say "1 .4 mg tablet"
I realize how that could be confusing and I correct it and say "I mean 1 as in a single .4 mg sublingual tablet."
He still failed me for that and told me that I gave the improper dosage of nitro. "It should be .4, not 1.4..."
Made me do it all over again, but this time I got a diabetic with hypoglycemia.

Grieve the fail and file a complaint.
Make it a habit to say "of", or do the math and give total dose. Such as "Four tabs 81 mg aspirin, po" or "364 mg aspirin, po".

JPINFV

Gadfly
Once again Orange County, CA amazes me with their ability to provide for cookbook like instructions (12 step instructions to long board a patient), yet allow for judgement (very few absolute immobilization indications, and age isn't one of them).

New (11/2012) spinal immobilization protocol.

Anjel

Forum Angel
In the back laying down. Sanitized the stretcher, Made my bed, took off my boots.

Cue the radio.

Anjel

Forum Angel
You have no idea how long I looked for that meme lol

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
There's one somewhere with a Minitor V. Thought I had it.... I thought wrong.