the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

bigbaldguy

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
My agency is getting an "Ambus" provided by the state. While I'm not a fan of such vehicles due to what I view of a waste of money (especially since there are a handful of these buses in this area alone, and I have yet to hear of one be used) I'm still volunteering for a position on the unit for if/when it gets activated for Katrina style events. Should be interesting.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
My agency is getting an "Ambus" provided by the state.

Is it primarily for transport or for treatment? Those are pretty cool, I have to say. Wouldn't wanna drive it though! :p

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My agency is getting an "Ambus" provided by the state. While I'm not a fan of such vehicles due to what I view of a waste of money (especially since there are a handful of these buses in this area alone, and I have yet to hear of one be used) I'm still volunteering for a position on the unit for if/when it gets activated for Katrina style events. Should be interesting.

Very nice. We just use citifare busses to transport greens, a "Busulance" would be way cooler though.

Took my final written protocol exam today. Pediatrics and Initial MCI Management and Triage.

Provided I didn't botch the test and have to retake it I have 3 days of work and 2 scenarios between me and clearing my FTO time! Then starts the year probationary period...

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Very nice. We just use citifare busses to transport greens, a "Busulance" would be way cooler though.

Took my final written protocol exam today. Pediatrics and Initial MCI Management and Triage.

Provided I didn't botch the test and have to retake it I have 3 days of work and 2 scenarios between me and clearing my FTO time! Then starts the year probationary period...

I'm super excited for ya bud, good luck!

On a side note, I can't remember the last time I was this bored...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Is it primarily for transport or for treatment? Those are pretty cool, I have to say. Wouldn't wanna drive it though! :p

A local city firefighter will be the one driving, while we will have a supervisor, 2 Paramedics and 2 EMTs staffing it.

According to the release, it's primarily for treatment such as at the Superdome back in Katrina.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
A local city firefighter will be the one driving, while we will have a supervisor, 2 Paramedics and 2 EMTs staffing it.

According to the release, it's primarily for treatment such as at the Superdome back in Katrina.

Sounds cool! Hopefully you don't need to use it!

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

Sounds like the one our region has. Neat piece of equipment but I think they are still figuring out how to utilize it. So many ways it can be used depending on the operation.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Don't ya hate it when you missed out on a thread that went to 10 pages in less than 2 days, and in the middle of replying to posts suddenly BAM, "Thread Closed"?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Don't ya hate it when you missed out on a thread that went to 10 pages in less than 2 days, and in the middle of replying to posts suddenly BAM, "Thread Closed"?

That's how we know when to close it...we wait until we see you typing a reply. :lol:

Just kidding

bigbaldguy

It's your own fault for being so wordy :) if you only fired off 3rd grade level responses like me you would get a lot more of them in.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

I feel like I have a sneaking suspicion about which thread you are talking about considering it is nowhere to be found.

I think if a thread like that makes it as long as it did with the mods not locking it it should be allowed to still be viewable. Lock it if you want but don't delete it. :rolleyes:

I don't care who you are, the entertainment value was worth it's weight in gold.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I feel like I have a sneaking suspicion about which thread you are talking about considering it is nowhere to be found.

I think if a thread like that makes it as long as it did with the mods not locking it it should be allowed to still be viewable. Lock it if you want but don't delete it. :rolleyes:

I don't care who you are, the entertainment value was worth it's weight in gold.

I removed it rather than spending the effort to clean it up, and issuing the associated infractions/bans that would have been warranted.

medic417

The Truth Provider

What topic? Darn I missed all the fun.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
How have I not watched breaking bad before now. My next 2 days off will be spent catching up.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I removed it rather than spending the effort to clean it up, and issuing the associated infractions/bans that would have been warranted.

Fair enough.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Wasn't me!!!!!!!!!!!