the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
It is amazing how you can meet someone for the first time, spend a total of a few hours together, then miss them like crazy when life takes them away, even if only for a time. How on earth does that work? Someone you didn't even know existed two weeks ago leaves you with an empty spot that feels impossible to fill. :sad:

Ok, enough of my nonsense. I am going to bed to try to sleep so I don't know I miss someone. Never works of course......

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
It is amazing how you can meet someone for the first time, spend a total of a few hours together, then miss them like crazy when life takes them away, even if only for a time. How on earth does that work? Someone you didn't even know existed two weeks ago leaves you with an empty spot that feels impossible to fill. :sad:

Ok, enough of my nonsense. I am going to bed to try to sleep so I don't know I miss someone. Never works of course......

Yeah I know EXACTLY what you're saying. Know someone for a month and miss them for a lifetime :/ hardly seems fair huh.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah I know EXACTLY what you're saying. Know someone for a month and miss them for a lifetime :/ hardly seems fair huh.

Yea....not fair at all. There are few people you meet in life that just bypass all the superficial stuff and move strait into your heart. Sucks when they cant be there any more. Be that forever or just for a time, it still sucks.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Tonight I ran across a patient that remembered me transporting them a little over 18 months ago. Spent about 40mins with them that night going from an ER to inpatient psych.

They even quoted back the advice i gave and conversation we had. They said that talking helped alot.

Pretty neat.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
That's awesome! It's always nice to see when we make a positive impact on a patient's life.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
That's awesome! It's always nice to see when we make a positive impact on a patient's life.

It was cool!
She fealt embarrassed at first to bring it up because she thought I didn't remember. Once she quoted the advice it clicked who she was.

The guys on Ladder 29 and maybe engine 22 are great. Ran a Bari call with them earlier and they were super helpful. More surprised looks at the Bari truck in action.

bigbaldguy

Tonight I ran across a patient that remembered me transporting them a little over 18 months ago. Spent about 40mins with them that night going from an ER to inpatient psych.

They even quoted back the advice i gave and conversation we had. They said that talking helped alot.

Pretty neat.

Very cool :) now if she starts showing up at your front door for more advice you might want to worry a bit.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
The guys on Ladder 29 and maybe engine 22 are great. Ran a Bari call with them earlier and they were super helpful. More surprised looks at the Bari truck in action.

A bunch of country good ol' boys? ;) The one that sounded like Boomhauer came out of drill school with me :rofl:

We always try and play nice with others; it's just each other that we're :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:s to :p

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
My thoughts are with those of you that will be affected by Hurricane Isaac............take care out there!

From your NZ buddy.

bigbaldguy

If you're about to catch a hurricane please be careful. Many positive vibes being sent your way.

bigbaldguy

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Borrowed from EMSworld. I think, may have been some other EMS Facebook page.

4b8df20e-71e5-4062.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Hahaha. I don't know what happened. Tappatalk didn't like hosting it I guess.

It came from me, no :censored::censored::censored::censored: it's awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: