the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
Really? That is odd, It is a fantastic book. "the gomers..."

The funny part is that when the book started describing the residents we started assigning our own residents to the various rolls.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
The funny part is that when the book started describing the residents we started assigning our own residents to the various rolls.

Haha I am sure most hospitals have similar characters.

One of my favorite quotes.....

"Gomers are human beings who have lost what goes into being human beings. They wan to die, and we will not let them. We're cruel to the gomers, by saving them, and they're cruel to us, by fighting tooth and nail against our trying to save them. They hurt us, we hurt them." -chapter 2

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What the heck. Everything I touch today is making me bleed. Just got cut number 6 right now..... Should I call 911?!?! :p

Epi-do

I see dead people
Conversation I had in the car with my son earlier today

Child: Mom, what would you do if a zombie bit you. Would you kill yourself, or let yourself be turned into a zombie?

Me: I guess it depends upon where I was bit. I mean, if I got bit in the arm couldn't I just cut my arm off before I turned into a zombie?

C: Oh. What if you were bit in the.....

And the conversation continued on for a while until he asked me "What if you get bit in the back?"

Me: Well, I guess I can't cut my back off, now can I?

C: No. So, would you get your gun out and shoot yourself then?

M: Why wouldn't I get my gun out before the zombie bit me, and shoot it instead?

C: Oh....

Achilles

Forum Moron
Conversation I had in the car with my son earlier today

Child: Mom, what would you do if a zombie bit you. Would you kill yourself, or let yourself be turned into a zombie?

Me: I guess it depends upon where I was bit. I mean, if I got bit in the arm couldn't I just cut my arm off before I turned into a zombie?

C: Oh. What if you were bit in the.....

And the conversation continued on for a while until he asked me "What if you get bit in the back?"

Me: Well, I guess I can't cut my back off, now can I?

C: No. So, would you get your gun out and shoot yourself then?

M: Why wouldn't I get my gun out before the zombie bit me, and shoot it instead?

C: Oh....
Because the zombie is already dead.

Epi-do

I see dead people
But if you have zombie ammo and you shoot it in the head, I thought you could kill them? Of course, I am far from a zombie expert.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
But if you have zombie ammo and you shoot it in the head, I thought you could kill them? Of course, I am far from a zombie expert.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQWb-5nblx4[/YOUTUBE]

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief

Assuming what makes people a zombie is blood-borne and passed via zombie saliva, then this wouldn't work as the blood would have circulated out of your arm before you could a) make the decision to cut off your arm, b) work up the courage to do so, c) find the tools you need, and d) actually cut off your arm. The blood would have already reached the heart and spread throughout your body, thus infecting all your tissues.

Alternatively, if it was some type of infection that passed through tissue itself, your chances are better. However, most movies show a quick turnaround from bite to full zombiefication (®), sometimes less than a minute or two. This would mean such infection would again move so quickly that you chances of amputating the body part affected would be slim before the infection had already reached the point of no return.

So your child appears to wise beyond their years in suggesting that you kill yourself if infected, as it is likely the only thing you would have time to do before the infection ravaged your brain and you lost all control. That is, assuming you had some type of quick method of suicide available, which is another discussion entirely.

I think I might have put a bit too much thought into this.....

Epi-do

I see dead people
ffemt8978, my husband actually has a box of that. That's how I knew there was zombie ammo.

dbo789, well, yes, maybe you have put too much thought into it, but how else am I going to broaden my zombie knowledge without people like you?

Zombies are the current "hot topic" in my 9 year old's mind, so I am sure I am going to be learning more than I ever thought I would know about the topic.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well I must say, the Dirty Dash was a success today, definitely some of the most fun I've had in awhile.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Playing beer pong while wearing a toga. Never thought I would say that in my life haha.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Playing beer pong while wearing a toga. Never thought I would say that in my life haha.

Weird, I never thought I would be running through the mud with a cape on...but I suppose we all do interesting things. :p

Anjel

Forum Angel
Anyone around right now to talk for a second?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Anyone around right now to talk for a second?

Sorry I didn't get your message until just now, I'm on my phone and didn't see it. :(

Anjel

Forum Angel
Sunday funday. Sitting in dispatch without a partner.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342982772643.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342982772643.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 226

JDub

Forum Lieutenant
I get a 3 hour tour of my company's dispatch during this final week of orientation. I hope maybe they will let us listen in on a call or two and not just rush us through.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I get a 3 hour tour of my company's dispatch during this final week of orientation. I hope maybe they will let us listen in on a call or two and not just rush us through.

We spend 3-4 hours annually sitting in dispatch listening to the line while they take calls.

Which reminds me, I should probably schedule that...