the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Wife filed for divorce today :(.

I know I haven't gone through it. But from a youngen and outsider view. You're going to be away from the stresses that she's causing and you can start to really move on.

Sorry to hear you do have to go through it though.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Just used the word eructation in my pcr. Feeling kinda special right now.

Just because you Canadians have superior EMS training doesn't mean you gotta shove it in our faces all the time! :-D

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
We all love you, usal! :) ;)

Achilles

Forum Moron
We've had about 10 inches of rain in the last 48 hours. The sprinklers will still come on on Saturday. Automatic sprinklers.

Rain Sensors do wonders!!!
So does turning the system off, very simple to do. If you need a walk through just give me a shout I do irrigation all the time!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Rain Sensors do wonders!!!
So does turning the system off, very simple to do. If you need a walk through just give me a shout I do irrigation all the time!

I could care less. The water comes from a recycled system. All the homes in our neighborhood are on the same system.

Rain fills up our lakes/ponds. Pipes from the lake irrigate our lawns.

The beauty of living in a master planned city.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

bigbaldguy

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Getting my car detailed, going to get a price quote on it Wednesday, shop around for a truck in that price range and make a swap.

That's how it's supposed to work anyway

bigbaldguy

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Another fun day in the NICU, one of my patients was going through DTs as well as having a NSTEMI and various other problems. He was on a versed/fentanyl drip with versed running @ 18mg/hr :eek: which had him out with a RASS of -3, but we had to pause the drips to do a few procedures and after ~ 15 seconds off the drips he was up fighting and required a 20 mg bolus to get him back down. But I did get to do some arterial sticks, draw sterile cultures, learned a lot about vents, and gave tons of medication. Also go to help set up a Lidco non invasive cardiac monitor (http://www.lidco.com/), very cool alternative to using a PA line. He did have an A line which I love, especially since i was hanging Norepi and dobutamine.

Then the 500lb guy in the room next door almost extubated himself, which would have meant a surgical cric since it took the doctors about 2 hours to figure out how they were going to intubate him in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
You treated a volcano? :eek:

If by volcano you mean person so full of crap it was erupting out if them, then yes.

:) As per my departments rules I will have you know I always wear eye protection.

I was debating using a nose clip but didn't want to embarrass the pt. Pt had a Bowel obstruction and was
Vomiting feces. They also had c diff. I did all I could not to vomit myself.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
If by volcano you mean person so full of crap it was erupting out if them, then yes.

I was debating using a nose clip but didn't want to embarrass the pt. Pt had a Bowel obstruction and was
Vomiting feces. They also had c diff. I did all I could not to vomit myself.

I usually wear a N95 mask, it helps a little. I have seen people put vicks inside but never tried it.