the 100% directionless thread

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
We were talking about uncommon measurements! Now you're just making me feel like the oddball.

mmol/l isn't that uncommon, which is why I think I was confused.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
mmol and moles aren't uncommon. But I hate them. Stoichiometry is my arch enemy.

Did senior level chemistry my sophomore year of high school, and while I did great in the class, I HATED stoich. Hated. Like, you would not believe.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Who just did their first conscious sedation in the field? This guy!

Grandma fell hiding Easter eggs and fractured her femur and pelvis :(

But hey in the ER she told the ERP that she didn't remember us splinting or moving her. That was way cool to hear.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I love mixing Fentanyl and Versed, if not for the patients pain relief, then the look on the RNs face when she realizes what I did on arrival :rofl:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I don't know why, but this is just too damn funny..

KwPXg.gif

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I love mixing Fentanyl and Versed, if not for the patients pain relief, then the look on the RNs face when she realizes what I did on arrival :rofl:

I've never seen it done in the field before, to the extent we did today at least. Started at a Bloomsbury of 3 dropped her to a -2 with 100 mcg of fentanyl and 1 mg of versed then she came back up to a 1 in the box during transport. Stayed at 99% on 2 lpm, didn't even touch her respiratory drive. Talk about the stars aligning!

I'm going to need to do that a few more times before I feel comfortable with it though.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I used to do the same with phenergan and morphine. It was the perfect cocktail to move a Nana with a hip or pelvic fracture.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Who just did their first conscious sedation in the field? This guy!

Grandma fell hiding Easter eggs and fractured her femur and pelvis :(

But hey in the ER she told the ERP that she didn't remember us splinting or moving her. That was way cool to hear.

Nice. Well done, but does she remember where she hid the eggs?

bigbaldguy

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I used to do the same with phenergan and morphine. It was the perfect cocktail to move a Nana with a hip or pelvic fracture.

That'd be a good one too. They use it in the ER sometimes still and we carry phenergan but the only time we can use it is if the patient is allergic to zofran.

Last call of the day definitely got me going pretty good. Acute fulminant pulmonary edema. 58% on room air. Hands down the fastest I have ever moved on scene and easily the biggest chunk I've taken out of the seat when i puckered.

So far we've had a legit code 3 return every single day of my internship. I've returned code 2 times in the 6 months I've worked as an I and we've done it once 5 out of 5 days of my internship. Bad omen much? And I graduate on a Friday the 13th...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
It took us 55 minutes to get checked in at Delta today at LAX because the Kiosk wanted us to see the rep at the counter for some reason. It took us a matter of 2 or 3 minutes once we got up there. But it took everyone else about 15-20 minutes to get checked in... They had one rep in the "normal" check in area, but 4 or 5 in the premier or whatever check in.

Wtf takes so long!

bigbaldguy

It took us 55 minutes to get checked in at Delta today at LAX because the Kiosk wanted us to see the rep at the counter for some reason. It took us a matter of 2 or 3 minutes once we got up there. But it took everyone else about 15-20 minutes to get checked in... They had one rep in the "normal" check in area, but 4 or 5 in the premier or whatever check in.

Wtf takes so long!

If they don't make flying coach miserable nobody would pay for the upgrades.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
That'd be a good one too. They use it in the ER sometimes still and we carry phenergan but the only time we can use it is if the patient is allergic to zofran.

Last call of the day definitely got me going pretty good. Acute fulminant pulmonary edema. 58% on room air. Hands down the fastest I have ever moved on scene and easily the biggest chunk I've taken out of the seat when i puckered.

So far we've had a legit code 3 return every single day of my internship. I've returned code 2 times in the 6 months I've worked as an I and we've done it once 5 out of 5 days of my internship. Bad omen much? And I graduate on a Friday the 13th...

And you know as soon as you become a medic it'll all dry up. You won't be able to catch a serious call to save your life.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
And you know as soon as you become a medic it'll all dry up. You won't be able to catch a serious call to save your life.

During my FTO/DTO process at my new employer, I went 2 months without a single legit call. My first 2ish weeks with my partner, we had 5 arrests, an RSI and a homicide. I now average an arrest a week. :p Though once I get my own truck again, you know it will be dry...

My agency is taking part in a new ROC study about permissive hypotension. I've YET to have a major trauma. There are a couple of medics who have already enrolled 3+ patients. ?!?!?!?!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

So very true, during the last two weeks of my internship I RSI'd two people, ran two codes, and had around 6 legit code 3 returns...now, nothing.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Really dispatch? We have to transport a guy 2 hours and 30 mins away just so he can get 6 stitches removed?

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Really dispatch? We have to transport a guy 2 hours and 30 mins away just so he can get 6 stitches removed?

Please tell me your not serious!

bigbaldguy