the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Without a doubt go for it! I did 7days a week my entire medic school; it's not always fun, but definitely doable. Especially if it helps put you in a FT medic spot when you're done!

I think I'm going to. My only real worry is in the case my internship needs to be extended is that I wouldn't have enough time to get it finished before my school is doing the practical exam. I don't plan on being extended though :D

If tear off tip might as well not wear a glove.

Exactly, but I end up doing it all the time. Pointer finger on my right hand usually. That way it stays away from any blood.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I had a guy...

To palpate for an IV stick he would cut off the glove finger, pull a finger cot on, then don the glove over it. He said he tried a condom instead of a finger cot, but it was not narrow enough.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
They're either hitting on you or wanna set you up with their chunky daughter.

You should hear some of the questions I hear as a nearly 40 single male flight attendant.

"uh soooo are you an Elizabeth Taylor fan?"
"so do you have a wi...boy...uhh ummm geeze never mind"
"never been married huh? Wow so is that cuz it's not legal yet or something?"

If you really wanna wind people up just tell em "yeah I have a ball and chain, their name is Pat". Then use gender neutral pronouns from there on out. I have no idea why but it drives people insane.

I have people trying to set me up with either their friend who is having trouble with her boyfriend, or with their gay cousin. It's tough being the closeted gay guy or the heart broken straight guy...somehow I'm so awesome that I pull off both roles.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I have people trying to set me up with either their friend who is having trouble with her boyfriend, or with their gay cousin. It's tough being the closeted gay guy or the heart broken straight guy...somehow I'm so awesome that I pull off both roles.

If you were a switch hitter you would own the field. Like superman on meth.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Small damn little lap dog bit the snot out of my hand, to amd some dumb :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: who out weighs it by 400 pounds tried to pick me up and Id be biting too.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Applied for 9-1-1 in the county I live in.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Like superman on meth.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FILhDuYWvO0[/youtube]

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The 3 hospitals that we transport patients to have the shortest bed delay time (if any) then any of the other 12 hospitals in our county. That is why I hate hate hate going out of our area for transports. I hate bed delay.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Small damn little lap dog bit the snot out of my hand, to amd some dumb :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: who out weighs it by 400 pounds tried to pick me up and Id be biting too.

I got attacked by a Chihuahua Monday. That b*tch had no fear. It flew up over the bed and leapt onto the stretcher.

My partner put it eloquently. "there is a fine line between bravery and sheer stupidity and I think that little rat crossed it the minute it growled at something like 50x its size."

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Well that was interesting. Our instructor just had us take the drug test we took on the first day of class...needless to say some of my classmates are grumpy pandas.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I got attacked by a Chihuahua Monday. That b*tch had no fear. It flew up over the bed and leapt onto the stretcher.

My partner put it eloquently. "there is a fine line between bravery and sheer stupidity and I think that little rat crossed it the minute it growled at something like 50x its size."

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Chihuahuas give rats a bad name :p

I prefer the term: Landshark

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Chihuahuas give rats a bad name :p

I prefer the term: Landshark

In ALL my years in EMS, the ONLY breed of dog that attacked me on calls -- and it was much more than once -- was the Chi-hua-hua!

I was once told that they were originally rats bred with terriers to make hairless taco meat.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
One of the doctors at the local urgent care got to feel my wrath on the back half of a 36 hour shift. He called us code 3 response for an "ill" patient. The patient had a cough for 1 day and lungs were clear. We get on scene and no one was with the patient at all. We ask the doc why he called for a code 3 response and he said "we close in 5 mins and I want to get out on time".

The patient was at the urgent care for over 2 hours. I'm glad that I blocked the doctors car in when I parked the ambulance. He asked me to move it. I responded with "you called us code 3 which means the patient is in bad condition. Which means we don't have time to park the ambulance where you want".

Then the doctor said "well then I'll move the ambulance then". "well doc, the doors are locked and that would be considered theft of a motor vehicle which the police would be called."

Making friends everyday.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

We got called to a cardiac arrest on Monday, and found the patient DOS on the toilet, with her puppy, a little tiny terrier, growling at 5 fully grown men in dark uniforms.

We nicknamed the dog Bruiser. :p

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
One of the doctors at the local urgent care got to feel my wrath on the back half of a 36 hour shift. He called us code 3 response for an "ill" patient. The patient had a cough for 1 day and lungs were clear. We get on scene and no one was with the patient at all. We ask the doc why he called for a code 3 response and he said "we close in 5 mins and I want to get out on time".

The patient was at the urgent care for over 2 hours. I'm glad that I blocked the doctors car in when I parked the ambulance. He asked me to move it. I responded with "you called us code 3 which means the patient is in bad condition. Which means we don't have time to park the ambulance where you want".

Then the doctor said "well then I'll move the ambulance then". "well doc, the doors are locked and that would be considered theft of a motor vehicle which the police would be called."

Making friends everyday.

I've had just the opposite, a doc at an urgent care calling a bls ift unit with a 30 minute ETA for a pt c/o 10/10 chest pain and shortness of breath with ST elevation on the 12 lead. He gave our dispatcher a chief of abdominal pain. The medics we upgraded to gave him hell.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I just beat my traffic ticket!

Did you get it on tape?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW1ZDIXiuS4[/YOUTUBE]

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
intersectionnamingfail.jpg

Just a couple of miles from here....and who says our city doesn't have a sense of humor?