Texas Certification

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
It seems like it has been forever since I submitted my information to the State of Texas. Hopefully I'll hear something back soon. I wish that they at least had a section you could see the status of it. I know you can do the live online search, but its a little disheartening to type in your name and it says ''Currently not certified.'' lol

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
It seems like it has been forever since I submitted my information to the State of Texas. Hopefully I'll hear something back soon. I wish that they at least had a section you could see the status of it. I know you can do the live online search, but its a little disheartening to type in your name and it says ''Currently not certified.'' lol

Yeah Texas has a long backlog going. Our Basic changing to medic had to wait nearly a month. I've heard of new certs taking 6-8 weeks. Longer if you don't do the electronic finger printing.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Yeah, 4-6 weeks usually. And probably closer to 6, they always seem to take forever. You can call them up and ask about the status of your app; they're usually pretty helpful with that. Good luck, at least you know you're done with all the testing ;)

OP
OP
C

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
I figured it would take a while. Read an article in a magazine that they only have a few people that do the certifications and they have to manually enter everything. I did to the electronic fingerprints so maybe that will help too. When I paid and submitted fingerprints for TCFP, I had my cert posted online within 7 days.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Took then two weeks to process my reciprocal entry EMT-I cert. Helps that I went to the main office in Austin to drop things off though :p

medic417

The Truth Provider
Fax them a copy of the NR page showing you passed and your NR number. Start networking and make friends at the state that really speeds things up.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Fax them a copy of the NR page showing you passed and your NR number. Start networking and make friends at the state that really speeds things up.

Truth.

A TxDSHS rep was at my medic school graduation and is friends with my school director. I got my medic in just over 2 weeks.

Coinky-dink? I think not.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I'm aware of a few that took NR written and skills on Friday/Saturday and had Texas Certification showing on web by following Friday just by faxing and emailing. So 1 week total. But they had submitted all state paperwork early.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
It took them 6 weeks and 5 days to get my stuff done. If you call before its been 6 weeks, they are going to tell you to wait. I called on the day it was 6 weeks, and the lady I talked to was very helpful.

medic417

The Truth Provider
It took them 6 weeks and 5 days to get my stuff done. If you call before its been 6 weeks, they are going to tell you to wait. I called on the day it was 6 weeks, and the lady I talked to was very helpful.

Don't call just fax them your NR info. Or if you have made a friend during school or inspection email them notice. They may surprise you.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Yes definitely fax your info cause that will probably speed up the process. Unfortunately for me I don't think it did, cause I had to deal with all the holidays.

glock22brent

Forum Probie
Question, I did my FBI/background check through L1 April 23rd, passed my NR exam may 10th, and filled out my state app may10th as well and put my cert number on the texas app the same day.

Is there anything else I can do to make this process go faster? I have two job opportunities waiting on me and don't want the employers to get aggravated with me taking too long.

Granted, I know they have a lot to do, but I just thought by reading some of the previous posts there may be something I could do like faxing something in (even though I had already applied over the Internet).

The newer cert check system won't show that your app
Is even processing.....only shows people that are currently certified.

Thanks in advance.