Stethoscope personalization

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Does anyone know if there are any places that will personalize a stethoscope even if you did not buy it from them? I recently received a Littmann Cardiology as a gift but the store where it was bought from does not offer engraving or tube personalization. I would really like to get my name on the tube because I feel like the name tags can be taken off too easy. I emailed Allheart but they will not do it unless it was bought from them. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Does anyone know if there are any places that will personalize a stethoscope even if you did not buy it from them? I recently received a Littmann Cardiology as a gift but the store where it was bought from does not offer engraving or tube personalization. I would really like to get my name on the tube because I feel like the name tags can be taken off too easy. I emailed Allheart but they will not do it unless it was bought from them. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Try a local award/plaque engraver.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Easy at-home method

Use a micro Sharpie to write your ID backwards inside the diaphragm. If thieves want your scope, the answer is don't put it down.

OP
OP
VFlutter

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Thanks. I am more interested in the tube personalization than the actual engraving. I guess I could just use a sharpie but that would not be ideal. I try not to put it down anywhere but things do happen.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I am more interested in the tube personalization than the actual engraving.

No offense but are you trying to get made fun of?

OP
OP
VFlutter

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
No offense but are you trying to get made fun of?

None taken. No, But would you care to explain why I would be? In my particular class two other people have the same scope as me, I have one of those clip on name tags but it does not stay on very well. Also another person left theirs on the truck (I know, their fault) and it was never returned. My rationale is that if it clearly has my name printed somewhere visible then it will be more likely to be returned to me if i ever lost it or less likely to be taken.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I got a small dog tag engraved cheap at one of those kiosk things you see at pet stores or Wally World and attached it with a small key ring around the base of the "U" where the tube and earpieces meet. Cheap, fast, secure and I always got compliments because it was a cute heart shape.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icenine

Forum Crew Member
Medisave does engraving free on Littmann's if you buy from the. I think it's 10 if you don't buy from them.

As far as personalizing you best bet is a tube cover. There are dozens of manufactures of covers.

Some are actually value added, neoprene covers that will reduce some road noise, some are only good if you work in the ped's ward OR like ridicule.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
No, But would you care to explain why I would be?

It's the same reason that folks who fit their cars with lightbars, stickers, etc and walk around with a radio, pocket mask, shears, gloves on their belt and a small AED in a fanny pack while wearing tech pants and a fire department T-shirt when off duty get made fun of. It's overkill and unnecessary.

My rationale is that if it clearly has my name printed somewhere visible then it will be more likely to be returned to me if i ever lost it or less likely to be taken.

Then get a better tag or pick a different color. I mean short of having "I SUPPORT BESTIALITY" printed into the tubing of the stethoscope, nothing is going to stop people from stealing your scope if you don't keep track of it.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Lucid, don't you get tired of the jingling?

...........................;)

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Bright orange/pink/neon green/obnoxious color for the tube. If anyone takes it, you can spot it a mile away.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It's the same reason that folks who fit their cars with lightbars, stickers, etc and walk around with a radio, pocket mask, shears, gloves on their belt and a small AED in a fanny pack while wearing tech pants and a fire department T-shirt when off duty get made fun of. It's overkill and unnecessary.

How is getting your name printed on it or changing the tube cover even compared to putting a lightbar on your vehicle or any of the stuff you said? It's a way to help prevent people from taking it.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Going to the lengths of having a tube custom made for your stethoscope is a little overboard. I don't think anyone would even do that for a single scope.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Then get a better tag or pick a different color. I mean short of having "I SUPPORT BESTIALITY" printed into the tubing of the stethoscope, nothing is going to stop people from stealing your scope if you don't keep track of it.

That's a great idea!!!

I never had a steth stolen or lost, but I kept losing shears to people asking to borrow them and not giving them back. Now I have a set of hot pink ones and they always come back promptly if anyone asks to borrow them at all.

OP
OP
VFlutter

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Going to the lengths of having a tube custom made for your stethoscope is a little overboard. I don't think anyone would even do that for a single scope.

It is fairly simple to do, its an option on most websites when you buy your scope. Click the "personalize" tab.
http://www.allheart.com/31273134.html

The problem is I already have the scope and those places will not do it unless it was bought from them.

Also, I know that picking a different color would have helped. However this was a gift (a very exspensive gift) that I am just trying to help keep, even though I do not plan on setting it down or leaving it around.

Last edited by a moderator:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
It is fairly simple to do, its an option on most websites when you buy your scope. Click the "personalize" tab.
http://www.allheart.com/31273134.html

The problem is I already have the scope and those places will not do it unless it was bought from them.

Ah...I didn't know they did it like that. Then again, I haven't bought a new stethoscope in....well, ever. The one I have now was a gift from my medical director in 1999.

I was picturing you having something garish on the tubing, etc. My apologies. That actually looks kind of nice.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Crofft - it wasn't nearly as bad as the bell the doc made me wear on my collar. :p

Devilz311

Forum Crew Member
I had mine engraved at a place in the local mall. I forgot exactly how much it was, but it was pretty cheap.

Attachments

• scope.jpg
    scope.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 784

EMSrush

Forum Captain
I mean short of having "I SUPPORT BESTIALITY" printed into the tubing of the stethoscope, nothing is going to stop people from stealing your scope if you don't keep track of it.

LOL..... I love it!! :D