Start school in Jan 2008

Addison23

Forum Ride Along
You will do fine! Just read the assignments.

OP
OP
F

futureemt

Forum Crew Member
You will do fine! Just read the assignments.

Thanks Addison...we don't know when class even starts yet...haha...I think if I knew that I would be a little more less nervous. Keep you posted.

Donna:rolleyes:

patrick239

Forum Probie
I start school in January as well, I am quite nervous but looking forward to the experience. I just hope I get good instructors in the classroom and in the field that really care about teaching.

Addison23

Forum Ride Along
Well January is almost here! You better start making some calls and find out when classes start. I hate when schools/programs do that. Keep me posted though! Good Luck!

~Addison

OP
OP
F

futureemt

Forum Crew Member
Well January is almost here! You better start making some calls and find out when classes start. I hate when schools/programs do that. Keep me posted though! Good Luck!

~Addison

I'm on it. They haven't given out squad the school date yet either....everyone is frustrated. I definately keep you posted, same goes for you.

OP
OP
F

futureemt

Forum Crew Member
I start school in January as well, I am quite nervous but looking forward to the experience. I just hope I get good instructors in the classroom and in the field that really care about teaching.

Well, keep in touch and we can all be in it together. If you want my direct email and stuff, let me know

Donna B)

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, I do have a suggestion for you. Prepare to be TOUCHED a lot. I used to be a very private, "non-touchy-feely" type, but throughout EMT school, I got over that really quick. Nothing is more fun that being strapped to a backboard and flipped over to "test" the strapping. :rolleyes: Blood pressures and pulses, c-collars around your neck.....lots of "maintaining c-spine"....

I think you'll learn a lot, and have a great time. Don't mean to be the dodo bird of the crowd, but I didn't find EMT school all that easy. :blush: Some aspects of the class were simple, some were more challenging. My favorite part was my first time participating in a staged mass casualty incident. It's one thing to learn it behind a desk, but a whole other story when people are running around, and screaming in your face, and crying (and laughing) all at the same time! If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line.

haha hell yea i was the same way, then we started doing full body rapid exams, checking pulses, straping to long boards, The worst was the traction splint cause I had this really hot girl in class feeling up all over my butt trying to find where to anchor the damn thing hahah

Im almost finished with the course and i take the national registry next month. I say the best advise i can give you is read read read. try and take practice tests when ever possible and try to make a friend in the class so you can help each other out by studying and testing each other and as well someone to practice skills on. But more important go into it with a good attitude and make it fun.^_^

OP
OP
F

futureemt

Forum Crew Member
haha hell yea i was the same way, then we started doing full body rapid exams, checking pulses, straping to long boards, The worst was the traction splint cause I had this really hot girl in class feeling up all over my butt trying to find where to anchor the damn thing hahah

Im almost finished with the course and i take the national registry next month. I say the best advise i can give you is read read read. try and take practice tests when ever possible and try to make a friend in the class so you can help each other out by studying and testing each other and as well someone to practice skills on. But more important go into it with a good attitude and make it fun.^_^

I have a great attitude and getting really excited. Great I'm married, but there could be some hot guys in my class...ha ha. Thanks for the advice. Keep ya posted.