SORD Special Operations Recovery Drag

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
So your first post on an EMS site is a "man sack/Mega mover" for firefighters?

Do we really want something else to carry in while fighting fire, aside from the extra carabiners and rope most already have? Just asking...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Do we really want something else to carry in while fighting fire, aside from the extra carabiners and rope most already have? Just asking...
Had to like your comment for the use of the term “man sack”.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Because a DRD integrated into your turnout jacket, webbing/ carabiner, or just some good ole fashioned grab BA straps and go isn’t enough.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Moved to appropriate sub-forum.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Because a DRD integrated into your turnout jacket, webbing/ carabiner, or just some good ole fashioned grab BA straps and go isn’t enough.

Agreed. Almost anything can be pulled with webbing plus or minus the trauma spatula.

CALEMT

Agreed. Almost anything can be pulled with webbing plus or minus the trauma spatula.

A RIC class I took a couple months ago I utilized SCBA straps more than anything. I’m not a fan on screwing around with webbing or other things while someone’s down in an less than ideal environment. Grab a limb/ strap and go.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
A RIC class I took a couple months ago I utilized SCBA straps more than anything. I’m not a fan on screwing around with webbing or other things while someone’s down in an less than ideal environment. Grab a limb/ strap and go.

Not all victims are wearing an SCBA. About a 10 foot length of webbing doubled up with a carabiner, wrap around the torso just below the arms, leave the pulling bit on their back. It's a DRD for anyone, takes well under 15 seconds to place and start dragging.

CALEMT

Not all victims are wearing an SCBA. About a 10 foot length of webbing doubled up with a carabiner, wrap around the torso just below the arms, leave the pulling bit on their back. It's a DRD for anyone, takes well under 15 seconds to place and start dragging.

For me it’s all situationally dependent. Statistics show that most victims are found within 10 feet from the door.Just because you enter through the front door doesn’t mean that’s your egress point. If I can isolate in a room where conditions are better than I take the extra time to do exactly what you posted. If it’s blowin and goin than I grab a limb and beat feet.