So I got what I ordered for my uniform for my EMT-B Clinicals...

Nelg

Forum Crew Member
...and for some reason, I feel as if the stuff just fits me. I don't know why, but when I tried it on to make sure they fit, they just seem like they fit me. And not in the usual "fits your body size and what not" fit, but... well? Just feel like it's me, like something clicked and is showing "Yeah, this is what you should of went to school for first and not waste your time playing around doing Law Enforcement Admin stuff".

Feel like it's reinforcing the reason why I signed up: To help others in what ever way I can. (I'm a public service nut)

Heck, even my girlfriend said that... And said some other things I won't post on here. :p

So yeah... Did anyone else get this feeling? Be it doning a companies uniform for your first job, or similar instances like mine where you needed similar attire to do your ER/Ambulance run clinical for your class?

(For me, haven't felt this since I put on my football jersey back in high school or my Kenpo Karate uniform a few years back, or even the Army uniform I tried on before that option went out the window for my weight at the time.)

medic417

The Truth Provider
Nope never had that feeling. Must just be you. Careful that you do not develop a superman hero complex.

OP
OP
Nelg

Nelg

Forum Crew Member
Nope never had that feeling. Must just be you. Careful that you do not develop a superman hero complex.

I'm good at keeping the ego in check. Just had to ask if it was just me.

Or the "packed clothing" smell from the shirt.

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Maybe theres a voice inside of you saying "its finally here"...as in this goal that you might wanted, its finally here. Nothing wrong with that feeling but just be humble of course and learn your best. Just like anything else. Good luck! :)

medic417

The Truth Provider
Maybe its an allergic reaction to the chemicals used in making it or shipping it?

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Maybe its an allergic reaction to the chemicals used in making it or shipping it?

allergic reaction resulting in euphoric sensations? many substances could be on your uniform causing this sensation... loquat poisoning could explain the excitement, Toluene Diisocyanate could explain the euphoria, lead poisoning would explain your feelings of elation and duty to help others....

I strongly recommend you send the uniform back:p

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Nelg

Nelg

Forum Crew Member
But but but... I like the feel of it...

...so soft and smooth...

It's like there is ecstasy all over it and everything...

medic417

The Truth Provider
allergic reaction resulting in euphoric sensations? many substances could be on your uniform causing this sensation... loquat poisoning could explain the excitement, Toluene Diisocyanate could explain the euphoria, lead poisoning would explain your feelings of elation and duty to help others....

I strongly recommend you send the uniform back:p

We may need to get the manufacture to issue a recall so no one else is affected.;)

MS Medic

Forum Captain
I never had that feeling. But on my first call on my first basic clinical, we had a code and when the pt was shocked, I had to resist the overwhelming to tell the medic "Do that s:censored::censored:t again." ;)

medic417

The Truth Provider
No. Our student uniforms were khakis, I looked like a damn Boy Scout.

Actually thats a good look for basics as theres not much difference from the first aid boy scouts are taught.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Actually thats a good look for basics as theres not much difference from the first aid boy scouts are taught.

Couldn't agree more.

Anyways, all I know is I look damn sexy in my uniform :p

medic417

The Truth Provider

8jimi8

CFRN
I didn't have the uniform experience in nursing school. We had these A W F U L teal scrubs (that made us stick out like the little nursing student ducklings we were); however when I went into the room with my nursing student partner for the first day, for the first patient...

We looked down at a morbidly obese patient suffering from pneumonia and also on contact isolation for MRSA, VRE and CDiff. She had multiple other problems that i cannot detail or remember now... She was gurgling and coughing and all but choking on her secretions. I suctioned her with the yankauer... sucked out two huge stringy green things, at which point she was breathing without difficulty. We pulled her up in bed and positioned her with support and made sure she was comfortable. We asked her if she wanted to watch tv and she made this strange little noise that sounded like, "yes." We asked her if she was comfortable and she just started crying, thanking us.

In the shock and horror of what I had just seen and done... i knew that this is what I needed to be doing in my life.

But more on topic... i freaking LOVE the uniform. Scrubs, i could give or take, but EMS attire, just feels dang professional. Heck, I wear my EMT pants to work at the hospital, they are so functional. I've gotten tons of comments on how cool they are (and useful), but a few people have also asked me if I am ex-military, lol.

If you have found something you love, keep loving it. Hating your job is the worst hell there can be.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
If you have found something you love, keep loving it. Hating your job is the worst hell there can be.

That is the most true sentence ever said. Ever.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
You got that one right! :p
Amen.

I don't have an EMS related job yet, but we are required to wear our uniform to school everyday. Makes me feel proud to wear it. On the other hand, I also take a Clinical Tech class that we are required to wear scrubs and I don't like those... too cold and look goofy on me.