Saudi Red Crescent Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

txredneckmedicmedic

Forum Ride Along
If you are too impatient to read the pages of very valuable information for such an important decision, then this job is not for you. Reading would tell you that it will take weeks/months to acquire this position and a lack of patience will not fare you well in KSA either.

Also, a word of advice as a family man who has done a lot of globe trotting...asking about the pay is one of the lesser concerns when you consider these moves with your family. While pay is important, there are a dozen other issues which require extreme consideration prior to moving your family.

Based on this post and your other post, I think you need to sit down and really think about what you are considering as you seem to be flying by the seat of your pants.

AK....its not that im impatient but the money factor is the biggest factor for us. If we cannot afford to pay our bills then why am I going to bother to invest my time to apply with a company? It worries me a bit when a company does not post their pay scales. And its not a lil bit of information now....its 61 pages.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
AK....its not that im impatient but the money factor is the biggest factor for us. If we cannot afford to pay our bills then why am I going to bother to invest my time to apply with a company? It worries me a bit when a company does not post their pay scales. And its not a lil bit of information now....its 61 pages.

Contact the SRCA and ask for the pay range for EMT-I. None of us have any idea because we are all Paramedics. I am not sure if thy are hiring I's currently?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I still see the website. Maybe it's an issue with your browser or ISP?

Its back up for me now also. It was down for over 2 days

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Just updated my blog last night. I posted pics of the camel race if anyone is interested... Pretty fun stuff!

As I mentioned earlier, I don't believe the SRCA is hiring intermediates at this time.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the blog post Travis. Quite a bunch of camel jockies. Perfect. Looks like that could be pretty fun. LOL

At your next opportunity, could you blog specifically about what it is like to run a call?

Thanks again.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I would also like to hear this along with what material is currently being used and available

bmc911

Forum Probie
Ok....my curiosity has been peaked and I have tried to read most of the pages but im not that patient. I was wondering what people were getting offered for EMT-I pay. I have 11 years of experience and also do rope rescue and hurst extrication. I have 3 kids and would love to take them and my wife with me. Anyone with any experience feel free to look me up on facebook or send me a email. Thanks in advance.
Joseph McCormick

yah........ um a lack of patience definately wont work with this gig. if you had some patience you would have caught my post in regards to having some patience when it comes to the Arab/Muslim culture and im sure many other cultures. as far as pay goes........ we all have bills to pay my friend bt this isnt the job for you if you are alreday asking about money. look into the private jobs on military bases and oil complexes. ive got a friend in Kuwait making good money as an EMT working on a base or complex of some sort. good luck man

txredneckmedicmedic

Forum Ride Along
yah........ um a lack of patience definately wont work with this gig. if you had some patience you would have caught my post in regards to having some patience when it comes to the Arab/Muslim culture and im sure many other cultures. as far as pay goes........ we all have bills to pay my friend bt this isnt the job for you if you are alreday asking about money. look into the private jobs on military bases and oil complexes. ive got a friend in Kuwait making good money as an EMT working on a base or complex of some sort. good luck man

Ok....so you gonna tell me your first question wasnt about pay and benefits?

bmc911

Forum Probie
no.... i waited for their offer and made my decision from there
and the benefits are pretty much listed on their website.

i understand your concern but as mentioned before, take some time to read this thread, youll find just about teverything you need to know. the pay scales vary from medic to medic depending on experience and documentation to support it.

txredneckmedicmedic

Forum Ride Along
I think I have pretty much decided against saudi. I think the wife would go stir crazy not being able to do what she wanted...and she wouldnt be able to bring her horse.

bmc911

Forum Probie
hey, i apologize, wasnt tryin to be a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:. i just thought of how i probally sounded.
i hear ya though, leavin my girl, kid and dogs is gonna be the toughest part. more for them than me but tough all the way around

txredneckmedicmedic

Forum Ride Along
BMC....not to sound like a *** or nothing....but if Im going to apply for a job, my first question is what is the pay. Im not going to jump through their hoops to find out that the pay sucks at the end of the deal. I have a family to support and if its going to cost me money at the end of the day to support them than it is not a place I am going to stay. And Ive also learned that it dont matter what people say online im not gonna get pissed.

bmc911

Forum Probie
understandable. i can respect the fact that your family comes first.

as mentioned, im not sure they are even hiring personal other than medics. i would check the SRCA website and try conacting them via email to see about pay range and if they are accepting apps for EMT/Is. its worth a shot.

Armor10

Forum Crew Member
You have to have Patience, I was told on February 25th that my Visa was going to be done and that they were going to mail it out the following Wed. Well the good news is that I revived it today Via FedEx.I have it in my hands. I now have to scan a copy and e-mail it to them with the name of my closest International Airport. Looks like I'll be seeing Travis soon, everyone one at the Visa office was great, and very helpful. I know it's not their fault that things took as long as it did. Just think how many people they have to process. My Visa is pasted into my Passport, it looks really cool. I'll let everyone know when I get my travel dates. I'm starting to get a little excited, Travis has made the whole experience look very cool.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
texredneckmedic,

Apply to the website and for the benefit of others in your situation post back here whether they are accepting I's still. Your just going to have to go for it and do the leg work.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
You have to have Patience, I was told on February 25th that my Visa was going to be done and that they were going to mail it out the following Wed. Well the good news is that I revived it today Via FedEx.I have it in my hands. I now have to scan a copy and e-mail it to them with the name of my closest International Airport. Looks like I'll be seeing Travis soon, everyone one at the Visa office was great, and very helpful. I know it's not their fault that things took as long as it did. Just think how many people they have to process. My Visa is pasted into my Passport, it looks really cool. I'll let everyone know when I get my travel dates. I'm starting to get a little excited, Travis has made the whole experience look very cool.
Armor,

That's awesome. Post just before you get on the plane so we can keep up with your adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.