Sat for the NR last night...

futuretoledoemt

Forum Crew Member
I'm so glad that's over.

I just wanted to introduce myself... I've been lurking for months.

I'm April, 29, from NWOhio, and I'm fully aware that I know nothing about being an EMT. So in other words you wont have to worry about me being one of those brand new EMT's who think they know it all.

I took the national registry last night, I'm cautiously optimistic. I did very well in the class, and my teacher has significantly more faith in my results than I do. Me, I'm terrified. And excited. It's probably too soon to start checking for results now, eh? Hehehehehe

I'm a mother of two, a 5yo and a 9mo, been married to a wonderful man for six years, and have been fascinated by emergency medicine, prehospital care, however you want to refer to it for years. I'm hoping to take the fire civil service test this summer.

Wow, it's kind of wierd to not have to worry about studying for the first time in about five months. I almost feel guilty. Hopefully a couple of beers will relieve me of that guilt.:rolleyes:

Anyway, that's me. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you...

April
Future Toledo EMT

Not-so-patiently waiting for NR results

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction.

OP
OP
futuretoledoemt

futuretoledoemt

Forum Crew Member
ffemt8978 said:
Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction.

Thanks you both for the welcome, and dysfunction is my middle name :)

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
April, sounds like you found the right place :)

:) :) :) Welcome! :) :) :)

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome and good luck with your new lifes course. I hope it turns out to be as satisfying for you as it has for me.

OP
OP
futuretoledoemt

futuretoledoemt

Forum Crew Member
coloradoemt said:
Welcome and good luck with your new lifes course. I hope it turns out to be as satisfying for you as it has for me.

I spent some quality time in Colo Spgs about ten years ago... Almost married a USAFA cadet. GORGEOUS country out there. I'm jealous :)

April

OP
OP
futuretoledoemt

futuretoledoemt

Forum Crew Member
Stevo said:
mothers are God's original emt's April....

~S~

Oddly enough, it was my son choking on tinsel about four years ago that inspired me to go this route, it just took me awhile to get here. Thank you :)

April

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
April,

Welcome! I think you'll find this forum great for those open to learning. While I'm one of the leaders here, I probably know the least about EMS. I've learned so much from the forum I feel as though I'm in debt.

Keep us updated on those NR results! I don't think I have ever been so nervous about passing an exam. I studied more for my NR than my ACTs and the tests I needed to become a teacher combined!

Stick around, read a bit, post a bit, and never stop asking questions :)

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
Hello and welcome!

OP
OP
futuretoledoemt

futuretoledoemt

Forum Crew Member
MMiz said:
April,

Welcome! I think you'll find this forum great for those open to learning. While I'm one of the leaders here, I probably know the least about EMS. I've learned so much from the forum I feel as though I'm in debt.

Keep us updated on those NR results! I don't think I have ever been so nervous about passing an exam. I studied more for my NR than my ACTs and the tests I needed to become a teacher combined!

Stick around, read a bit, post a bit, and never stop asking questions :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome... Believe me, as soon as I get good news, I'll be shouting from the rooftops :)

Still cautiously optimistic,
April

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Welcome to the family, and try not to sweat the NR stuff...it takes several weeks for them to get their stuff together anyways.

OP
OP
futuretoledoemt

futuretoledoemt

Forum Crew Member
Sent To Scoring!!!!!!

Level: Basic
Description: "Sent to Scoring" indicates that your application has been approved and your examination has been forwarded to the data processing staff to be scored. Your official registration status will be posted on this page in the next 72 hours.

I wonder if I'll find out today or if they'll make me sweat out the weekend.... I'm sure they'll make me sweat out the weekend... I wonder how many times I can check the site before they block my IP...

*giddy*
April

OP
OP
futuretoledoemt

futuretoledoemt

Forum Crew Member
Passed!!!!!

Name: , April M.
Level: Basic
Description: Currently registered with the NREMT.

Obtaining NREMT registration does not afford the right to practice. All EMTs must apply for and obtain a state EMT license, unless practicing within a federal government context or solely on federal property.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Written Exam Date: 1/12/2006
Written Exam Scored: 1/27/2006 Passed
Written Results Mailed:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Good job on passing the fool thing the first time around! Now that we have you certified we can encourage you to go to medic school...ah ha ha ha ha:blink:

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
YEAAAAAAAA!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Congrats. :beerchug:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
WhooooHoooooo!!!!

:) :) :) Congratulations!!! :) :) :)

I'll never forget how excited I was the day I found out I passed...Enjoy it!!