Rip Shears

austinmedic2004

Forum Crew Member
Do you find that it takes too long to expose your critically injured patients' injuries with your standard pair of trauma shears? If so, Rip Shears will drastically reduce the time it takes to expose and treat your patients while you are rapidly moving to the designated receiving center.

For more information: statpublicsafetysolutions.com
If you are already interested in purchasing, go to: statpss.com

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
austinmedic2004

austinmedic2004

Forum Crew Member
The Ripper Deluxe and The Firefly Deluxe are available now!

statpss.com

Go to the manufacturer's website for additional information: ripshears.com

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Bad websites for my computer

www.statpss.com was a blank with note by Intuit about setting up websites. Ripshears.com jammed my computer and I had to abend IEXPLORER to make it stop.
The product is a V blade that clamps onto the handle of good old Tetrasnip type shears.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Unless you're cutting through leather, try using a "Shark Tape Cutter" for that kind of work... If the Shark won't cut it, you'd need scissors anyway.

OP
OP
austinmedic2004

austinmedic2004

Forum Crew Member
www.statpss.com was a blank with note by Intuit about setting up websites. Ripshears.com jammed my computer and I had to abend IEXPLORER to make it stop.
The product is a V blade that clamps onto the handle of good old Tetrasnip type shears.

mycrofft, sorry about the bad link to statpss.com. There have been several changes with regards to hosting and urls that caused that error to happen. I'm not sure why you had the problem with http://www.ripshears.com com. I just tested the link and had no problem displaying the site. You can try the following link in the future: http://www.ripshears.com for more information on Rip Shears and to purchase, go to http://www.statpublicsafety.com/store. Thanks for understanding.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
i've used the benchmade rescue hook..it rather have a dedicated ripper with nice beefy grips than something that is supplementary to shears thats not really ergonomic..rescue hook is bombproof

OP
OP
austinmedic2004

austinmedic2004

Forum Crew Member
Unless you're cutting through leather, try using a "Shark Tape Cutter" for that kind of work... If the Shark won't cut it, you'd need scissors anyway.

The Rip Shears will cut through leather, depending on the thickness, of course. You will not get the same usefulness out of a pair of "shark tape cutters" as you will Rip Shears. The whole point is to have the tool integrated into a piece of equipment you already carry with you. The blades and assembly for the Rip Shears are much more durable and purpose-built as opposed to the "shark tape cutter" you refer to. I have used Rip Shears in multiple situations and have found they provide the extra cutting power I need to perform my job as a paramedic more effectively. Thanks.

Ryan

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Cool! Good to know...

OP
OP
austinmedic2004

austinmedic2004

Forum Crew Member
i've used the benchmade rescue hook..it rather have a dedicated ripper with nice beefy grips than something that is supplementary to shears thats not really ergonomic..rescue hook is bombproof

rwik123, you will find that the Rip Shear is ergonomic. The way it attaches to your trauma shears allows for the quick transition between cutting and ripping without having to reach for another tool, setting down your shears, etc. We're talking about functionality and time savings. The Benchmade Rescue Hook is a great tool and will perform as a great seatbelt/rope cutter, but will not give you the complete functionality that you will get from the Rip Shear as you remove clothing from your injured patients.

As a side note, the purpose of Rip Shears is to provide a cost effective and quick integration into your work-flow. There are many great tools out there that can perform parts of the job better or are costly and bulky in comparison, i.e. ROBIN "Safety Boy" Rescue Cutters (retail for $70). I own 2 pairs of Robin "Safety Boy" Rescue Cutters and love using them; the Rip Shears attached to a standard pair of trauma shears, costing a few dollars in comparison, will do 99% of the job of the Robin rescue cutters for a fraction of the cost and they weigh significantly less.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
They sound pretty cool. I just make one cut with shears and then rip the rest of the shirt or pants off.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
I'll hafta check em out. A plus I see to rip shears vs traditional cut and tear is the reduction of lateral or unnecessary movement to the affected limb.

OP
OP
austinmedic2004

austinmedic2004

Forum Crew Member
UPDATE::Rip Shears

Due to increasing business and the inadequacies of our previous e-commerce site, we have decided to upgrade our system. In doing so, the location of the store has changed.

If you are looking for high quality tools and equipment for public safety personnel, look no further: http://store.statpublicsafety.com.

The store has been overhauled to be much more user friendly. We will also be able to better secure your information above and beyond industry standards.

We look forward to service you in the near future!

Ryan
STAT Public Safety Solutions

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
I'll hafta check em out. A plus I see to rip shears vs traditional cut and tear is the reduction of lateral or unnecessary movement to the affected limb.

I'll never forget the day my instructor chewed out a guy in my class for about 5 minutes for ripping the clothing off a dummy patient rather than cutting it.

That being said, these do look super BA and I'm checking out the new site...

cOmpressor

Forum Probie
I'm still on the fence between these and the 8 hook medical edition by benchmark. If I got one in my hands to play with I may pick up a few for the entire crew

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
random question though- if you do buy one of these, once the time comes, where do you get the replacement blades?? I see nothing about those being sold on the website...

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
random question though- if you do buy one of these, once the time comes, where do you get the replacement blades?? I see nothing about those being sold on the website...

It's a permanent sort of thing. I don't think the blades are replaceable. But also I imagine they last a while.

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
Ahh. I was watching the install video and looking at it I thought they could be taken out...