emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
For your information:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=214374085245604

Thursday, May 26 at 8:00pm @

THE EMPTY MUG
8910-5th avenue
Brooklyn NY 11209

$20 donation at the door - all proceeds from the door will go directly to Tony to help with numerous medical bills he has incurred during his treatment.

Open bar from 9pm-1am for $30 more for those who choose.

Many raffles throughout the night.

All donations of food or services for the event are welcome. Contact Joseph Scarpinito for more information if interested in helping out.

Tony Thomas is one of New York City's longest employed Paramedics. In his many years on the job, he has helped thousands in their time of need, taught many classes of new EMTs and Paramedics, leant his vast knowledge of emergency medicine to doctors, nurses, and co-workers, and most importantly, has been a great friend to all of us. Now Tony needs our help. Recently Tony has fallen ill, cannot work, and is undergoing expensive medical treatments. During these times, it is our duty to ban together and help our brother out. If you are unable to attend the fundraiser and would like to donate, you can contact Paramedic Joseph Scarpinito (Lutheran Medical Center / New York Cornell). Thank you for your anticipated help and generosity.

OP
OP
E

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
Just a comment:

For new EMTs, that event would be a great place to network. You will probably run into one or more of your instructors at the party.

crazycajun

Forum Captain
Do you have a phone number for Joe? I would like to donate a little something.

OP
OP
E

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
Do you have a phone number for Joe? I would like to donate a little something.

I am sorry but I do not know any of the three organizers personally.

I just saw the flyer on the wall of my service.

I respectfully suggest trying to find him on face book, either on the 10-13 page or this organization page:

http://www.facebook.com/PAGNYONLINE

If you are the only other person not on facebook (aside from me), then I would respectfully suggest you call the bar, (718) 745-9609, and someone there might put you in touch with an organizaer for the event.

It warms my heart that the NYC EMS community runs these 10-13 events, and at the same time, saddens me that EMS people must resort to this to get through personal misfortunes.

Hopefully one day EMS catches up to Fire and Police bennies-wise.