Regional Forums?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Mods, would it be possible to put in "Regional" Forums in the Employment section?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

The reason is that we don't think it would be a good idea to have a cluttered forum with dozens of sub forums. Besides, no matter how we would divide it up, somebody will want it done differently or think that we should add another one for a specific state or part of a state (such as CA or even southern CA down to Los Angeles county).

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My region's forum would be really boring haha.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
This is probably being done already, but I think a better way to handle location issues in the employment forum is to simply include in the title, of each post or thread, the location and that is being asked about. To me, that just makes sense.

Managing multiple sub forums like the "regional" idea proposed can be very problematic at best, especially if people are posting questions or announcements of employment opportunities in the wrong sub forum. Of course the other issue is determining how to divide the world into specific regions. Personally I do not think that any of the moderators or administrators of this site would really enjoy that particular masochistic kind of headache.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Could we just add a prompt or disclaimer acknowledging there are no jobs for Basics in CA? ;)

On second thought, perhaps a banner right under EMTlife...

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I'm not mentioning a category for rural/frontier...nope-nope-nope-nope....:ph34r:

Could we just add a prompt or disclaimer acknowledging there are no jobs for Basics in CA? ;)

On second thought, perhaps a banner right under EMTlife...

This.....

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
This.....
I never thought the day would come.

I've attached a heat map of today's visitors. California and Texas for the win.

Attachments

• emtlife visitor map.jpg
    emtlife visitor map.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 38

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I never thought the day would come.

I've attached a heat map of today's visitors. California and Texas for the win.

Is this number of page views by state? Unique visitors? Do googlebots count?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Is this number of page views by state? Unique visitors? Do googlebots count?
It's the number of visits per state. I don't believe Google Bot counts itself in Google Analytics.

The average Nevada visitor spends 10:20 on the site per visit, while the average Utah visitor spends only 1:18 per visit on the site.

Anjel

Forum Angel
It's the number of visits per state. I don't believe Google Bot counts itself in Google Analytics.

The average Nevada visitor spends 10:20 on the site per visit, while the average Utah visitor spends only 1:18 per visit on the site.

It's probably just Rob. lol

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
How about just a california forum, so u don't have to look at all these "new emt in la" or "just got ambulance driver cert" or "where to work in california"

Its a little ridiculous

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
I'm glad to see that MA has a strong presence. I think the regional sub forums are hard to execute effectively. I'm on firehouse forums, and they have regional boards that are hardly ever used with the exception of bots who get on there sometimes.