PulsePoint CPR

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
IMG_5465.PNG
Overall, I agree this does sound like a promising app. That being said, the caveat I see would be multiple (useless) resources, and/ or "looky-loo's" converging on one poor soul simply just to "bear witness", perhaps a bit cynical, though again, there is no denying the importance of early CPR.

It would be interesting to see where PulsePoint is in relation to SCA, and survival rates (hmmm, perhaps someone should write a research piece?...o_O).

I don't understand the need to respond to structure fires, and/ or car wrecks with every push notification, but perhaps @LanceCorpsman would like to elaborate, or provide justification?

I had no idea you can set it to notify for all that other crap. I just opened the setting and I have it all turned off. For me, it's useful if someone in my immediate area is in arrest, and I can do some hands only CPR til the medics get there. That's it.

OP
OP
LanceCorpsman

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
@VentMonkey I don't see the point in civies just responding to an active structure fire or wreck, its more of a hazard. And from what I understand, pulse point only notifies cardiac arrests that happen in public areas. So you would't know if your next door neighbor was having an arrest.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Because of multiple PSAPs and dispatch centers having to log the call then then pass along to the other(s), sometimes PP will notify us before the call is even dispatched. There have been a couple instances where that has been helpful. That said, I really only use it when on duty; my home city does not subscribe to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Isn't the radius for an alert like a half mile? I can see times where someone in the area would be there faster than Fire/EMS such as DE's example. I mean if it gets someone CPR even just a minute faster, then it is fine with me. The MVC and structure fire on the other hand seems stupid.

BobBarker

Forum Lieutenant
Isn't the radius for an alert like a half mile? I can see times where someone in the area would be there faster than Fire/EMS such as DE's example. I mean if it gets someone CPR even just a minute faster, then it is fine with me. The MVC and structure fire on the other hand seems stupid.
The goal is to alert people to CPR so they can help. The goal of the alert for structure fires and accidents is not for the people to help, it's just strictly to alert. Some agencies allow all calls to come through PulsePoint and like others have stated, some agencies only want CPR calls alerted. This app is basically just a computer putting on a map where calls are, which is technically public information. If anyone listens to the scanner, it gives the same exact information.

OP
OP
LanceCorpsman

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant

Not to mention rural or recreation areas (camp grounds, lakes...etc) where the closest ambulance may be 30 mins away. This is the case for my area.

pogoemt

Forum Crew Member
Unfortunately, my area doesn't support pulse point CPR, however I will probably go around the next couple of days and mark defibrillator locations on the AED application, in the off chance that someone around me uses the app.