Promotions on EMT Life

Canadian

Forum Crew Member
Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing wonderful!

As a new person to this forum I'd be much grateful if some of our "promoted" members would explain here, below the processes envolved to get promoted to a higher rank on EMT Life!

All the best :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The amount of posts you have will give you different titles other than "Forum Ride Along" or you can change it manually.

The members with an orange name pay a premium membership yearly fee to help out the side. It gives you a couple of other little perks.

The members with red names are our moderators. In the past the moderators will come up with a couple of people who they think would be good moderators (based on a number of factors). Then they open up a poll to the community and they get to vote. Person with the highest or people with the highest number usually become moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

Canadian

Forum Crew Member
Thank you! Do you know where (if it is expected), you submit your name to be nominated for moderator? Or is it completely up to them and there really isn't a way to make it known? Except by being as best a member as you can of course...

:)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Thank you! Do you know where (if it is expected), you submit your name to be nominated for moderator? Or is it completely up to them and there really isn't a way to make it known? Except by being as best a member as you can of course...

The latter is the usual course. Be a good member, in good standing for a while and your name might come up when the CLs debate and talk about who to upgrade when a new CL is needed

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

The latter is the usual course. Be a good member, in good standing for a while and your name might come up when the CLs debate and talk about who to upgrade when a new CL is needed

That lol. It's been a little while since they had someone move up (from my knowledge).

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing wonderful!

As a new person to this forum I'd be much grateful if some of our "promoted" members would explain here, below the processes envolved to get promoted to a higher rank on EMT Life!

All the best :)

Here's a handy list that FFEMT8978 created to help with the member promotions...
Here is a list of the forum ranks and the number of posts to achieve them.

Forum Ride Along - 0
Forum Probie - 10 - minimum for advertising
Forum Crew Member - 30
Forum Lieutenant - 100
Forum Captain - 250
Forum Asst. Chief - 500 - minimum for custom user title
Forum Deputy Chief - 1,000
Forum Chief - 5,000

That lol. It's been a little while since they had someone move up (from my knowledge).

TransportJockey and DesertEMT66 are both right. First, we haven't had the need for any additional moderators for a while now. When usually start looking for new moderators when others have limited time to participate or they no longer want to do it.

Second it takes a lot to become a moderator. Some of the prerequisites are at least 500 to 1000 posts, been here for a couple of years, be level headed, etc.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
What am i?

Deputy Chief, wooh.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Drax

Forum Captain
smiley-dance009.gif

TransportJockey

Forum Chief