Only in EMS

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
I think only EMT/Paramedics have the remarkable ability to write or draw well no matter how turbulent their ride is.

I think anyone who works in EMS is granted a special ability to no longer become car-sick, and, any one working in an ambulance is granted sea legs by virtue of their work.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
LOL!

I find it intresting that you all still refer to others as "people" "person" "man/women" ect....

Somehow, I look at everyone I encouter as....

Patient/Trauma Alert/DOA.

As in, "Hey check out that! Meet our next Trauma Alert!"

Or...

"Looky..... Keep riding your bike like that, I can DOA you too!"

(all said only in ear shot of my partner of course.)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Yeah... or, for those of us with Security/LEO experience, everyone becomes "subjects".

Jon

EMTAlex209

Forum Probie
The only people who know where all the units are, are the field crews. Not dispatch.

Nothing really excites you anymore on scene.

We have the weirdest slang terms in any profession.

emtwannabe

Forum Lieutenant
Doing your impression of a groundhog while inhaling your dinner, hoping nobody falls out, as you are waiting for the next set of tones to drop....

Eating at some of the best hole-in-the-wall places at all hours of the day...

However, my dart playing has significantly improved since I became a medic!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Walking in, ordering dinner... then having to leave before food comes. Throw money down on the table, say you'll be back, and run out the door... and coming back 90 minutes later to the table the same way you left it... including the $20 and 2 half-finished iced teas. The waitress then tells you your food will be up in 5 minutes.

there is a reason we often eat at just one place :)