Newly Graduated Florida Medics - RE: NREMT

Jayy

Forum Probie
Has anyone gotten a date yet to take the NREMT in order to get certification in Florida? According to the handout we got in school, we should be able to register anytime after Dec. 16th for the NREMT.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
@Jayy Have you tried registering?

(moving to the NREMT forum section)

LocNar

Forum Probie
I received my letter to test on Dec. 15th so I'm taking the State test next week. Most of my classmates all received theirs in time for the State test, so I don't know of any that had to register for NREMT. The cutoff date was the 16th. Any letter to test after the 16th requires you to register with National Registry, even though the state doesn't officially switch till 1/1/16.

OP
OP
J

Jayy

Forum Probie
I received my letter to test on Dec. 15th so I'm taking the State test next week. Most of my classmates all received theirs in time for the State test, so I don't know of any that had to register for NREMT. The cutoff date was the 16th. Any letter to test after the 16th requires you to register with National Registry, even though the state doesn't officially switch till 1/1/16.

Ok that makes sense. I haven't even been able to register yet as my school isn't even on the list of programs - which is weird because it's one of the largest programs in South Florida.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ok that makes sense. I haven't even been able to register yet as my school isn't even on the list of programs - which is weird because it's one of the largest programs in South Florida.
If it's not accredited then that might explain it.

OP
OP
J

Jayy

Forum Probie
If it's not accredited then that might explain it.

It is an accredited program run out of a state college. What's interesting is that all of the other schools and "medic mills" in the area seem to registered, but not us. Oh well, hopefully after the 1st of the year we'll be on there.

LocNar

Forum Probie
It is an accredited program run out of a state college. What's interesting is that all of the other schools and "medic mills" in the area seem to registered, but not us. Oh well, hopefully after the 1st of the year we'll be on there.

I'd call the DOH to ask. They were surprisingly helpful on the phone with any questions I had. I'm sure after the first of the year when NREMT testing goes into effect they'll straighten it out. Your school may even be a testing center which could save you a drive. My only two options for my state test were an hour and a half, and three hours away.