New Williamson County EMS Video

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
This video was just completed and added to our website a few days ago(Note the white ambulances are our old paint schemes, and are no longer around unless a reserve truck is being used due to maintence on a frontline ambulance.)

http://vimeo.com/18243560

Taken from

www.wilcoems.org

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
Well dumb me, didn't realize that Georgetown was in Williamson County. My grandparents just moved to that Dale Webb retirement community out there in Georgetown, about a year ago I think.

OP
OP
F

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Well dumb me, didn't realize that Georgetown was in Williamson County. My grandparents just moved to that Dale Webb retirement community out there in Georgetown, about a year ago I think.

Sun City, that was my first Medic assignment when I got hired.

TXMEDIC5317

Forum Crew Member
What medic units are closest to Austin? Can you pick where you get stationed as long as there's an opening?

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Nice video! And from researching the area, I think TX might win out over CO when I finally get my medic. Either Linuss' service, ATcEMS, or now WCEMS... Great... :p
BTW, what was the gold EMS shoulder patch that showed up on one dude a couple times in the video?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That's kinda cool. Never worked in a state that had a medical director patch until now I guess

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well... it's better than PA's Roll With It video.

OP
OP
F

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
What medic units are closest to Austin? Can you pick where you get stationed as long as there's an opening?

You can request it, but when you are in your FTO time, usually you get put where you get put. Once you clear then you can request to be moved.(aslong as there is an opening)

Close to Austin we have M22, M24, M21, M14, M13, M51

OP
OP
F

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Nice video! And from researching the area, I think TX might win out over CO when I finally get my medic. Either Linuss' service, ATcEMS, or now WCEMS... Great... :p
BTW, what was the gold EMS shoulder patch that showed up on one dude a couple times in the video?

That was our Medical Director, he rides out with us all the time.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Random question, what's your agencies views on their medics going for other degrees while working for them? I'm thinking about going for my BSN once I finish my AAS for my LP.

phildo

Forum Crew Member
I've heard WCOEMS is a great place to work. It was one of the places I was checking out when my city was threatening to privatize. Other really good places are Montgomery County, Harris County ESD1, San Marcos/Hays County (close to Austin). Good retirement, good benefits. I also found the further north you go, the lower the pay.

OP
OP
F

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I've heard WCOEMS is a great place to work. It was one of the places I was checking out when my city was threatening to privatize. Other really good places are Montgomery County, Harris County ESD1, San Marcos/Hays County (close to Austin). Good retirement, good benefits. I also found the further north you go, the lower the pay.

What service are you with?