New arrival here

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Ya better listen to Boss, probie, he'll hang you on the flag pole during the next rainstorm. ;) :lol: :D :p B)

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. " Vonnegut

JUST because there was a request for it..flagpole?? *Perk*you know if I wasnt such an Angel...Id have a comment However Im going to behave myself and sit this one out....

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
*thumbs on over*Wooohoooo Im a PROBIE now!!!!!!

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Namaste to you as well

good to see someone will understand it if I type it *winks* Ah I feel at home with this dysfunctional family heh

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Celtictigeress@Dec 2 2005, 06:36 AM
Namaste
Quo Est?

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Literally, “I bow to you.” Used as a respectful greeting and also to mean thank you. When you say namaste in thanking your teacher at the end of class, you press your palms together (also called Anjali mudra) at your heart or your third eye (middle of the forehead) and bow your head

Its a term of respect

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Dec 2 2005, 10:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Dec 2 2005, 10:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Celtictigeress@Dec 2 2005, 06:36 AM
Namaste
Quo Est? [/b][/quote]
Namaste def.

VinBin

Forum Captain
Interesting you say that Celtictigeress...Are you Indian or do you have a background in India or Indian culture?

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Heh Im a major contridiction...

Im Indian in the sense of "Native American" However I do go to temple and meditate, Ive found the buddhists teachings to be comfortable in a sense... I enjoy studying up on them..I also take an interest in other cultures I belly dance and attend classes for it, and have a love for the culture in general.. theres a Temple where Im at and I go sunday mornins to offer food to the Monks, then sunday night for meditation..I suppose its a sincere interest and respect for the ways of life.I also began religious studies before switching over to Culinary management... eventually I will figure out what I want to be when I grow up. lol

I still go to the reservations periodically when I can...But otherwise I hang around at home..though on the reservation we can hunt when we want to pretty much... but My Father is long since dead so I dont really go out as often as I used too....

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
class? what class? *looks around belches pulls the thong wedgie free*
*snickers* dont get me started I tend to have a very sick mind and tend to dish out what is thrown at me...are you sure you want that??

Namaste

VinBin

Forum Captain
Thats interesting to hear...when you say temple, you mean a Hindu temple or Buddhist temple?

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Buddhist Temple over here.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I worship at the local Non Denominational thing. I call it "The Great Garage".

We worship the great books of the world like:

Funeral Cars 1901-1971
The American Ambulance 1900-2001.

Etc.

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Celtictigeress@Dec 2 2005, 06:36 AM

good to see someone will understand it if I type it *winks* Ah I feel at home with this dysfunctional family heh
dysfunctional family where? I thought we were all normal here <_< ;)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by emtff99+Dec 3 2005, 06:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (emtff99 @ Dec 3 2005, 06:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Celtictigeress@Dec 2 2005, 06:36 AM

dysfunctional family where? I thought we were all normal here <_< ;) [/b][/quote]
Except Jon...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Dec 3 2005, 10:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Dec 3 2005, 10:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by emtff99@Dec 3 2005, 06:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Celtictigeress
@Dec 2 2005, 06:36 AM

dysfunctional family where? I thought we were all normal here <_< ;)
Except Jon... [/b][/quote]
Hey!

I go to Temple, too..... I even had a Bar Mitzvah!!! :lol:

And who are you to talk, Alex - I don't pray to the great god "Miller"

Jon

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Dec 4 2005, 04:07 AM
And who are you to talk, Alex - I don't pray to the great god "Miller"

Jon
Right you don't.

You Youngin's aren't allowed.

and I thought that the the great god....Porceline.

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
No No No ...DysFUNctional see??? "FUN" its a good thing (Omfgs I think I just quoted Martha freaking Stewart....shoot me)

Awww everyone is picking on poor Jon, thats not very nice is it??Wait Im not nice anyway...we are all equal smart and ab*cough*Normal....