National written questions

Kayla kovago

Forum Ride Along
hoping to get something cleared up. I have been out of class for about a month and a half. I took the emt class because i do a lot of skiing, biking, climbing, etc and work as a ski coach and teach rock climbing and have seen some injuries and wanted to be prepared when faced with these situations. If i do not plan on working as an emt (possibly as a wemt but much later in the future) should i still take the national written exam? If i would have to take the refresher course before I would to try to work as any kind of emt anyways, do i still need to take the national written or is taking and passing the emt course enough at this point in time? I guess i am just a little confused on what the guidlines are for the emt world and am hoping to get this all a little more cleared up.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If you plan on working as an EMT then yes you should take it.

If you took the class just to benefit yourself and you do not plan on working as an EMT then no, you don't need to take it.

AintNoDoctor

Forum Probie
You already took the class and put yourself through it all. I would recommend just finishing it through and taking the test. Having the card in hand will never hurt you. (Aside from perhaps your pocketbook) But if you wait too long you may be required to take an entire class over again should you ever want to get hired in a job that uses it.

Having just the knowledge is perfectly fine... But you've come this far. I say: finish strong. You could have learned the knowledge by just researching videos on YouTube. Instead you paid for the class, get your CERT.
Just my two cents though :)