Mobile Apps

samiam

Amazing Member
What mobile apps do you use? Does anyone use uptodate? I got a free institutional subscription (A individual is like $800 a year not really practical for a student/ems) and its absolutely mind blowing compared to epocrates which I used to use a lot and thought was great. Edit- And I just found a similar thread (Iphone Apps) admin can merge if you want

Last edited:

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I've been fairly happy with "EMRA Basics" -- it's intended for EM residents, but provides good perspective. For a similar app (albeit at my level), EMS Field Guide BLS is ok.
As far as "games" go, Resuscitation is quite fun -- there's a paramedic set of scenarios that, admittedly, are pretty easy, but the EM ones (again, for EM residents), are very challenging.
For test prep, I've really liked Navigate Test Prep EMS - the questions match the AAOS book exactly, and come pretty close to Emergency Care, as well.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I use iResq, Epocrates, the Critical Care field guide, and a med calculator.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
epocrates is a must, micromedex drug interactions, medscape(only because its free), prognosis your diagnosis

J B

Forum Lieutenant
PDF reader with a shortcut on the home screen to a PDF of the state protocols.

medicnick83

Forum Lieutenant
Here in South Africa, we have a very popular program that has a big following, it's called (on Google Play Store) Emergency Medicine Guidance by TOMPSA.

Check it out...