Massachusetts EMT Jobs

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I am a medic, does sherborne hire medics? Are they ALS equipped, and do they offer 24s?

Sherborn is ILS, so you wouldn't be working at your level. I believe they do 12s, not 24s, but as others have said, very low volume.

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
I remember when people were saying this wasn't going to happen...I see Welesley and Framingham dropping AMR this year too

As an fyi to anyone interested Cataldo is hiring

Hiring Open House

Come Join Our Team!

Announcing our 16th Municipal Contract

CITY OF WALTHAM, MA

Post 440, 295 California Street, Newton, MA

Monday, January 14th 8am - 5pm

Now Hiring EMTs & Paramedics, Full/Part Time

EMTs & Paramedics Full/Part Time

Flexible 911 & Transfer Shifts Available

Sixteen 911 Emergency Contracts

Competitive Benefit & Pay Packages

Contracts with TOP Medical Centers

17 Locations throughout Greater Boston and the North Shore Area

Monday, January14th: 8 am - 5 pm

American Legion Post 440

295 California Street, Newton, MA

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Interesting news out of the Boston Private World. EasCare Ambulance has been aquired by a Canadian EMS company. I don't know what the plans are but this definately happened

The company in question is Medavie EMS. It looks to be a complicated organization, so it'll be a bit before I have anything coherent to say.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Figure i'd bump this thread,

Brewster is taking over Plymouth soon. So I assume they'll be looking for people down there to help make the transition.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/plymouth...s-to-change-ambulance-companies#axzz2G7aPNOuK

I guess AMR is out of there...the article above states that they are leaving in 120 days...but the EMS rumor mill states it might be sooner than later.

An interesting quote was: “Last week, they let go all of the area operations managers in the state...That left just one individual to service the entire state"

:ph34r:Hmmmmm:ph34r:

Brewster will certainly be hiring in the near future. In addition to the Plymouth contract, I've been told that an additional hospital contract is coming as well, likely on the southcoast.

OP
OP
C

chrisp368

Forum Probie
if there's any new EMTs try Rapid out of Canton. they're usually looking for new EMTs and it's a small company. great place to get your foot in the door if no one else is hiring

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
if there's any new EMTs try Rapid out of Canton. they're usually looking for new EMTs and it's a small company. great place to get your foot in the door if no one else is hiring

I've seen ads for them on Craigslist but the adds always say "Russian speakers preferred."

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

I have known two EMTs who work, or worked there, and I even think there may be some lurking around here who have worked at Rapid. My info is a little old, but last i knew, the company does only dialysis, and only a few patients. Crews are known to spend their time when not not transporting at best buy, playing video games. Friends boast about never doing truck checkouts, real pcrs or doing real calls... although ems and tms should be separated.... this is many degrees removed from ems.
I agree this is a good place to start... but not necessarily good skills for 911. I know someone who left Rapid and went directly to Med school, and it served him well, it seems...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Brewster just picked up the Altrius/Harvard Vanguard Health contract and will be hiring. I think they are looking to add a mix of 10-12 ALS and BLS ambulances. Get your apps in now regardless if you have experience or not. They'll teach you the "Brewster Way" don't you worry.

Also they recently started doing 911 in Plymouth however not much hiring outside of AMR employees occurred from my understanding.

Ini4ka

Forum Ride Along
Emt-B

Just became a certified EMT in Massachusetts this past week. Now time to start looking for jobs. Anyone know of ambulance services, hospitals, or any other type of jobs that require an EMT certification out there. Open to anything and everything.

Hey hello.... I just got my emt-B certificate and I am at the same situation that you were. Even though I have a CNA certificate as well no one wants to hire a person without experience. I will be so happy if you can give my any advice. Thank you for your time.

OP
OP
C

chrisp368

Forum Probie
Hey hello.... I just got my emt-B certificate and I am at the same situation that you were. Even though I have a CNA certificate as well no one wants to hire a person without experience. I will be so happy if you can give my any advice. Thank you for your time.

I would apply everywhere. Eascare, Fallon, Brewster, Mccall, Lifeline, Cataldo, Rapid, Armstrong, and there is more. If you know anyone that works for any ambulance company talk to them cause one thing I've learned, it's not what you know, it's who you know. See if you can do some ride along time with a company that way you can get your foot in the door. A lot of these places you have to go into to apply. Go in and ask if there is any one you can talk to, Human Resources, Supervisor, etc. try to get face time with someone there so they know who you are. Follow up on your application. Call them from time to time if you haven't heard anything, that way they know you are interested and ready to work. The more available you are to work the more likely they are to hire you.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Ini4ka

Forum Ride Along
Hello chrisp368.
Thank you for your post. Yes I did apply at many ambulances around Boston. Fallon ambulance reject my application without explanation, which was very rude and unprofessional. Life line ambulance is the best ambulance because they are giving a Chance to people who doesn't have an experience. Thank you so so much life line u are the best. I am so happy. My first day is next Wednesday , I am looking forward to meet all of the EMTs and paramedics over there. I can't wait to start helping people. I wish luck to all of the new EMTs. Don't give up and keep sending applications ......
Sincerely : Iliyana

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hello chrisp368.
Thank you for your post. Yes I did apply at many ambulances around Boston. Fallon ambulance reject my application without explanation, which was very rude and unprofessional. Life line ambulance is the best ambulance because they are giving a Chance to people who doesn't have an experience. Thank you so so much life line u are the best. I am so happy. My first day is next Wednesday , I am looking forward to meet all of the EMTs and paramedics over there. I can't wait to start helping people. I wish luck to all of the new EMTs. Don't give up and keep sending applications ......
Sincerely : Iliyana

Congrats on getting a job! Know that many places that have online applications are horrendous at contacting people so bear that in mind. Good luck at LifeLine.

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Good Luck Ini4ka!

Oh and for all of you following the latest in Ambulance contracts;

Cataldo took Action's contract at the AJ in Newburyport. They seem to be hiring a couple more people as well as liaison between the hospital and the company. While the Liaison will most likely be "in house", I bet they will hire a couple more people to ensure that the transition goes over smooth.

AJFA4444

Forum Probie
Anyone have any info on Pro EMS in Cambridge? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. They seem pretty good and being in Cambridge they're probably pretty busy. Any chance they'd hire a brand new basic? I also was interested in working there because employees get 50% off of their medic school.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Anyone have any info on Pro EMS in Cambridge? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. They seem pretty good and being in Cambridge they're probably pretty busy. Any chance they'd hire a brand new basic? I also was interested in working there because employees get 50% off of their medic school.

Mixed reviews?
I'm told Pro prefers to hire raw EMTs, because it keeps them from having to untrain bad habits. They are, by far, the best private company inside 128, but perhaps not the best to work for if you're looking for a comfortable, steady job; my impression is that they wear out a lot of their employees. Apply.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

Mixed reviews?
I'm told Pro prefers to hire raw EMTs, because it keeps them from having to untrain bad habits. They are, by far, the best private company inside 128, but perhaps not the best to work for if you're looking for a comfortable, steady job; my impression is that they wear out a lot of their employees. Apply.

I did some of my internship with pro. It was a great service and all of my preceptors were great. The 24 hours shift were killer though. It may be different now but they ran 3- 24hour trucks (3als or 2 als-1bls) and would have anywhere between 7 and 12 peak trucks on. During the day it was around 8-12 and most all were ALS. I averaged 14-18 calls per shift.